Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Focus

Good Morning!

I am thoroughly enjoying my time in the blog world :)  I feel that it is helping me write everyday and I look forward to posting as much as I can.

But...

When I first thought of starting a blog, my intent was to write book reviews.  Books are a big part of my life and, although, I love to write, I *love* to read other authors' works a little more.  Books transport me, embrace me, take me to places I've never been.  I love the smell of books, the feel of them...so starting this blog was supposed to be a way for me to celebrate the books I had read and entice people with the ones I couldn't wait to start.

If you have read my blog so far, I have written *one* book review and the rest is pretty much reflection.  I dont' mind writing, but I feel that I need to start *focusing* on my original intent for "Cover to Cover".  I see that I've been writing a lot of "everything in between" instead of the "cover to cover" stuff.

So, I have a plan!  I would love to know what you think or any suggestions you may have, but here goes.  (By the way, these aren't titles for the days, just what I'd like to focus on for my week in the blog world.)

Mondays ~
Reflection Day - what's on my mind, quotes, writing...

Tuesdays ~ 
Book Reviews (and, hopefully, as time goes by - giveaways!)

Wednesdays ~ 
Talented Women - in my world or who I find out about

Thursdays ~
Book Chatter - what I'm getting excited about, TBR list additions, giveaways I hear or read about, author spotlights (?)

Fridays ~
Recipes and/or Blog of the Week - featuring other blogs I'm following, etc.

My goal is to get an "audience" that isn't secluded to just hearing about what I think about *everything*.  I really want to make it broad enough and get my foot into the book review world.

I'm excited about this new world of blogging! 
I am also so very appreciative of *you*. 

I started this blog thinking that I was the only one who would read it (well, my best friend and hubby would read it, too, I hoped...)! To my surprise, though, and in the short time I have been here, I am so excited to see that I have "neighbors" (followers) and subscribers!  So thrilling :)

Thankful (very much so)
~ Nay ~

No comments: