Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Food with a Dash of Papa Love

When I think of good food, I always think of my father.  My dad was the cook in the family.  He would whip up things with whatever was in the kitchen that day.  His meals were always filled with warmth and made with love...

This recipe for a Spanish Potato Omelet was one of our family's favorites.  I loved watching my dad cook and just the thought of this dish makes my mouth water.  He always served this with steak and his signature green salad with homemade vinaigrette.  This meal will always equal love from my childhood.

Spanish Potato Omelet
(this variation was found on http://www.food.com/ and was the closest to what my dad made...)

Ingredients
2/3 lb potato, peeled
2/3 large onion, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
3 1/3 eggs
2/3 to taste salt
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
  1. Slice the potatoes as thin as possible and dry with a paper towel.
  2. Sauté potatoes and onions in olive oil over medium heat, turning frequently, until golden brown (about three minutes).
  3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with salt and pepper until foamy, 1-2 minutes.
  4. Pour the eggs over the potatoes, cover, lower the heat, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the omelet is set and the bottom is golden brown.
  5. Slide the omelet onto a plate, cover with the other plate, flip, and slide the omelet back into the pan, so that the cooked side is on top.
  6. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes longer.
  7. Cut into wedges and serve.
Thanks to my dad, I have a love for food.  My heart thanks him even if my waistline doesn't...

♥Love you Papa♥

Happy "Over the Hump" Day,
Nay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to be able to share these wonderful moments in life with friends, I am grateful for this beautiful opportunity.

Sincerely,,

Joanne Meraz

Nay said...

That is true...thanks for your support, Joanne:)

Blessed Rain said...

I lost 3 posts on my trying to get published and two on my family - how about you? AHHHHH!!! I lost my interview with Kori! I am going to have to write her and explain that it won't be posted today!
I swear blogger has never been like this before!

Nay said...

:( I know - it made me sad...I just reposted everything from 5/11 and5/12...and it doesn't look right...:(
Hope this doesn't happen again:(