Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grateful Sunday

There's this song by Jill Scott that I absolutely love and it's been stuck in my head all night, "He Loves Me."

"You love me especially different every time
You keep me on my feet happily excited
By your cologne, your hands, your smile, your intelligence
You woo me, you court me, you tease me, you please me
You school me, give me some things to think about
Ignite me, you invite me, you co-write me, you love me, you like me
You incite me to chorus..."

And that's just the first verse.  There are some people who can just *write*!  Put down every single feeling in just the right words, the right sentiments...the words and syllables are just perfect, swirling around your brain in just the right motion.  I love to read these type of words, to write them...to feel them.

I hope to be that lyricist, writer, expressionist...one day.  Not only capable of reading them, but to write them as well.

It was a good weekend and it has ended perfectly.  Just the right amount of down time and the right amount of good old-fashioned family time.  I wouldn't have changed any minute of this weekend....each moment reminded me of how lucky I am to have the life I have, the love I have, and the good friends I have.

I am extremely grateful.

Pleasantly content,
Nay

No comments: