Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lovebug...for you

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. 
She never existed before. 
The woman existed, but the mother, never. 
A mother is something absolutely new." 
(B. S. Rajneesh)
"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about."
(A. Schwindt)

A letter to my daughter...

Dear "Lovebug",

The moment you were born, my life changed for the better.  I saw things through your toddler's eyes and now in your "little girl" ones and felt peace.  Knowing you were a part of me for the rest of my life made me feel whole. 

I do the things I do so that you have an example of what a woman can and should be...you make me be an example everyday.

♥  I wish for you only the elements of my life that I never knew until I met you.  I wish for you to experience a love that takes your breath away....
♥  I hope you are never hurt by the one you love or "think you love at the moment" and are strong enough to say *no* when it matters.  I hope for you to be the best at what you do best, not what others think is best for you.
♥  I want what I never allowed for myself: confidence in what you do and think and not let anyone tell you, "are you sure that's a good idea? do you think you really are able?"  I want you to always stand up for what you believe in even if it's not the popular idea or notion. 
♥  I want you to do what you love and love doing it.  Take passion by the hand and don't stop walking until you find your true calling. 

But, most of all, I want you to be truly happy, but never content.  Being content means that you have stopped wanting more...always want more - more love, more care (for yourself and others), and most importantly, more knowledge.

These days you only see me work and go to school.  But I want you to know that the sole reason I do these things is so that you know that it is possible.  Never let anyone tell you, "you can't" and I hope you will always respond, "my mom did and that's why I can."

I love you and am so proud of the person you are becoming.  The best part of it all is that I get to watch it first-hand and know that anything is possible even when you think it's not.

I have you...you are the person who shows me everyday that anything is possible. 

You inspire me and I am proud...

~ Mommy Nay ~

No comments: