Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Love

As Mother's Day is coming to an end, I sit here and wonder what each woman did today to end their day.  I for one have just finished setting out the clothes for the kids for their school day tomorrow, prepared the lunchboxes so that the kids' lunches are ready to put be together for tomorrow, put the kids to bed, and got the coffeemaker ready to brew for tomorrow's breakfast.  I do a lot to make sure the days go by smoothly - putting extra care in each errand.

I think, though, of the women who have to do this every night on their own without the support of a husband.  For the woman who scrapes by with a paycheck of $800 every two weeks to take care of her four kids...she is a remarkable woman!

I am truly blessed to have a husband to support me with the responsibility of raising our two children.  I don't know if I would be strong enough to do it on my own, but I know many women who do.  They are the fathers and mothers to their children and these children are the luckiest of all.

I also wonder what it is like for a woman who is not blessed to have children on her own and is saddened by this day.  I can only imagine what it is like to have to go through that.

But I do know this...
Every woman is a mother today.  As women we have it in each of us to "mother" each other. 

Think of not only your biological mother, but about those female friends that are there through the good times and bad. 
The ones that open their hearts to us to feel safe and secure...
The ones that are there for you when you call at 3am to vent...
The ones who will drop everything if you need them...
The ones who know what to say to make you smile...

These women are our mothers, too.  So even if you are a single mother of four, a married woman with children, a mother who has tried and tried but cannot bear children, or the mother who for years and years tried to have a child and miraculously did...

This day was for you.
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Always,
Nay

4 comments:

araceli.madrigal said...

I love everything about this blog. Very down to earth and easy to follow...its just what I need for my hectic life.

Nay said...

Thank you, Araceli, for this lovely comment:)

brenda said...

Loved it!!

Nay said...

thank you brenda:)