Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This Too Shall Pass...

You know when you are having "one of those days"? 

I can't get into the right frame of mind for anything today.  All I want is to lay in bed with the covers over my head.  It was a bad morning, followed by a not so great noon.  Hopefully things will look up in the afternoon to evening...

It always does, though - "everything is temporary".  The workday will be over and my real life will start.  Being with the hubby, kids, doing homework with my daughter, making dinner, last-minute stop at the grocery store, etc., etc., etc...

That's what helps me on my "off" days...Just when you think the day should be flushed down the toilet, something happens to make everything alright.

Sometimes to make my day change, I text my hubby.  Other times, I call my best friend at work.  Music helps, too (especially cheesy rap or old skool r & b).  I try (really try) not to go for the comfort food or candy because then I just feel worse afterward.

So today isn't going to end badly...it'll be fine.  I'll see my kids and hear about their day...or my hubby will make me laugh (he always does...).

And if all else fails, I'll go to sleep and tomorrow will be a new day.

Chin up!
~ Nay ~

2 comments:

Blessed Rain said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Nay said...

I'll be fine - just feeling "off" :/ I'll be "on" soon:)