Monday, June 13, 2011

Is this it?

The Sunday Salon

Is this how it's going to be?  Am I ever going to get pleasure from a book again?

I'm a little frustrated with my book selections lately.  I haven't been able to find something that just takes me.  I want to be taken by a book!  Is that too much to ask?

I actually had some hope for this last one.  How can a historical novel about Alice in Wonderland be a dead end for me?  Maybe I'm hoping for too much from books.  Maybe I shouldn't be hoping so much...

But you know what the good thing is?  I know there is still hope.  I know that in my stack of books that are yet to be read, there will be that one that will shine through.  The one that I won't want to put down...that keeps me wanting more.

That's why, although I am a bit frustrated with my predicament at the moment, I know there will be that one back...
And then my rollercoaster ride with reading will go back up the track.

I can't wait!

~ Nay ~

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I've read two really good books- both by the same author. I'm sure you've heard of it but not sure if you've already read it. The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I could read them again and again. Also all the books by Mitch Albom are really inspirational.

Nay said...

I loved the Kite Runner and own the movie...never could get into Mitch Albom when I was younger...maybe I should try now that I'm older...which one do you recommend?

Nicole said...

if you like the Kite Runner, I think you'll really like A Thousand Splendid Suns. My favorite Mitch Albom book is The Five People You Meet In Heaven. I haven't read it in a while but I remember really liking it when I first read it. Tuesdays with Morrie was really good too but I felt like it was kind of slow in some parts. Oh! and if you want purely comedy, Lianne and I always enjoy Chelsea Handler books, if you like sarcasm. I hardly ever actually laugh out loud when I'm reading but Chelsea Handler literally makes me LOL.

Nay said...

Awesome mama! I'll put your recommendations on my to-be-read list:) xoxo