Thursday, June 9, 2011

Library Awesomeness...


Q:
All things being equal (money, space, etc),
would you rather own copies of the books you read?
Or borrow them?

A:
Own! Own! Own!

My absolute, wonderfully delicious dream is to have a ginormous (!) library.  Picture the library that the Beast gives Belle as a present in "Beauty and the Beast"...ahhh...doesn't that sound *mah-velous, darling*?!

So, yes, I would rather own than borrow.  I would be generous with my library, of course ; ) Anyone could come peruse my beautiful shelves and borrow anytime they wanted.  Take a seat it on my plushy comfiness of a loveseat, sip some tea (or have a crisp lemon-drop martini), and sink in...take it all in...and lose yourself in one of the books in my collection.


Oh, one day...
~ Nay ~
********
***Participate (from BTT)
Copy the questions, paste them into your blog and answer them.
When you're done, come back here and post a quick comment or trackback letting everyone know so we can read your responses. Be sure to leave a link to your actual post! ...If you don't have a blog yet, then just post your answers in the Comments area for the set of questions you are responding to.
Lastly, no, you do NOT have to answer on Thursdays. Please feel free to answer any time you want, [Booking Through Thursday is] just glad to have you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the library in Beauty & The Beast!! mine would be filled *FILLED* with history books- hehe ;) hope we both get what we dream some day. until then, my ikea bookshelves will have to suffice... lil sis Candice

Nay said...

C-
I know - definitely filled with world-event and history books for you!!! I'll make sure I have a "lil sis" section in my Library for ya! xoxo

gautami tripathy said...

I am all for selective hoarding. I already own more than 2500 books!


Here is my BTT: Own or Borrow post!

Tribute Books Mama said...

It's nice to have your own library.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday_09.html

Nay said...

Gautami - ha! "selective hoarding"!
TB Mama - thanks for stopping by...

Going over to see both of your posts!

Jessi said...

That has been my dream library since I was little. I still dream of something like that...but on a much smaller scale! I told my hubby that we were going to have to build out next house specifically with a library...even if it meant tiny bedrooms and such!

Nay said...

@Jessi - loved your post too...can't comment on it (literally can't for some reason) but liked it a lot:)

Sally said...

Awwww I loved that scene in B&tB I must have watched that movie 100 times when I was a kid.
I’m a big re-reader so I like to own my books and would love to have a library like that.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-21.html

Nay said...

@Miss Sally: Off t read your bloggy too!