Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A New Add to our "Talented Women" Familia...

I am so very excited to introduce my newest "Talented Woman" this week!  [Again, I was on Facebook (ha!) and a girlfriend of mine posted an art piece hers...I *had* to feature her on my bloggy!]


So, without further ado, here is...
Melanie Stimmel Van Latum
: )
 What this woman can do with a piece or two of chalk is just amazing! Stumbling upon her art has been such a whimsical and awesome experience for me. Not only are the masterpieces she creates gorgeous, but I ♥love♥ the strong women she portrays in her art, as well. Just look at them! I don't have the words, for once, to even begin to express what I think about them...




I am very thankful to her for allowing me to share her creativity, talent, art, and love here.  Please check out the article and art that inspired me to feature her:

And those strong, empowering women I was talking about...
 
Madamecesarean2SpellboundCountessovaroseComp4finish

There are so many places to check her work out! 
Here is where I got all the images:

Thank you again, Melanie, for giving me the honor of showing my little blog community your talent!
~ Nay ~

Pond2"A Graduate of Art Center College of Design and a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America, Melanie is a prolific Fine Artists, creating beautiful imagery in Oils and in Soft Pastel with such finesse and mastery that her Renaissance inspired figures dance off the canvas with whimsical charm. She has shown at prominent Southern California Galleries such as La Luz De Jesus, The Brewery, The 57 Underground, Spring Arts Collective, and Deborah Martin Gallery.
In addition to her Fine Art, Melanie is also a leader in the Street Painting world. She is the only female street painter to win the title of Maestro and several gold medals in both Italy and Germany. Co-Founder of two prominent organizations in the chalk painting world, Street Painting Society and the Street Painting Academy, Melanie has consulted, painted, and held painting workshops for clients in Turkey, Holland, France, and Canada and throughout the U.S.
Melanie is a strong supporter of Arts in Education and Therapy and shares her love of painting with the Orange County Performing Arts Center, Los Angeles Music Center, Cal State Fullerton, Irvine Valley College and her own Street Painting Academy."
(from ArtSlant)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Fantastical!! as my girls say...

Nay said...

I know, right?!

Alexandra said...

They are amazing! My daughter just loves them, she caught me reading the post and was amazed by them.

Nay said...

Si, no?! I was just thinking about them again...and how amazing it would be to have one...:)