Friday, June 10, 2011

Well ... There You Go

I was listening to this song just now (it's a old one but I've had it in my head all morning) and then BAM! ~ big old fat flashback:


 
What was it, in the mid-90s? I'd be riding in my girlfriend's car with my feet on the dash, the music on full blast, and the windows wide open. Taco Bell or Tommy's food stops, a drive to hang out at some boy's house (ha!), lazy days by the pool...and that would be just one day in the summer.
****

There are so many songs that bring me back to a memory and experience of long ago...some are funny (or often crack-up-out-loud funny) while others are just, well, not.  Music makes me have a good cry (a happy one or sad)...music takes over and puts me into this different space. 
 
I remember my dark years ("no one understands me...no one knows how I feel") and Linkin Park's first album blasted with me everywhere I went.
 
Or, how about my first crush?  "I'll be loving you forevaaaaa!" (New Kids on the Block) sung at the top of my lungs : )
 
My first heartbreak (not the same person, by the way), the *whole* Waiting to Exhale soundtrack... 
 
Anything by Jodeci reminds me of my best friend and all of our adventures (!)
 
A CD came out with Baby Face's greatest hits and I bought it (this is back in '99 or so).  It made me cry like I never had and remember my last broken heart.  By the way, that one was my hubby - years after our last break-up and two years before we got back together again...now I hear any song from that CD and smile ♥
 
Music is awesome that way...it remembers.
 
Here's to you and yours...hope you hear a "good memory" song today!
~ Nay ~
 
(PS:  hey B.G.A.K.: this one was for you...143)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following back! :) Looks like we already have a lot in common. I'm a huge P!nk fan! :)

Heather From and Mommy Only Has 2 Hands!

Nay said...

Awesome:) See you around the neighborhood!