Friday, June 24, 2011

Word of the Week (5)

 Bear with me...I *had* to share these:
"Spanish Dancer" by  John Singer Sargent
“People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.”
(Salma Hayek) 

Flamenco-dancer-flamenco-ii-78881_large
found on "we♥it"
A blog with flamenco quotes - from what I can see...just found it this morning!

...and here's a little something from me for my Word of the Week meme on

"Flamenco III" by Fabian Perez
Oh, the sway of your hips
the change* in your step
gliding from one space to the other

Move, my Spanish dancer
Take me to another time
where music brought my soul alive
and made tears flow down my face

With emotion
With pride
Con la cultura dentro de mi

Swirl
Swing
those hips 
that I always remember
what this música enhances in me

My heart, soul, and blood warms
to your moves...to the guitar strings...to the clapping...to the singular beats
to the change* 

Sway, Española!
Cambia* what is in me
to be more of the essence of you...

Happy Friday,
~ Nay~

3 comments:

Blessed Rain said...

Love it!
Thank you for sharing - having issues with the linking - won't display the links!

Jenni Merritt said...

Hey you! Following you back :)

Monica Marlowe said...

This post is making me miss Dancing With the Stars! I have two left feet, so watching people dance is always so inspiring. These painting are beautiful - capturing a moment in dancing time.