Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Author Dinner Party - Top 10 Tuesday!

Hosted by Jen from "The Broke and the Bookish":
"Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers."

: ) You know how I love to make lists too! 
So here's my TOP TEN AUTHORS - but I want them all to be with me at a fabulous dinner, all comfy and cozy : )

Isabel Allende
Mario Vargas Llosa
Jodi Picoult
Anita Diamant
Garth Stein
Jael McKenry
Nicholas Sparks
Elizabeth Berg
Anna Quindlen
Sarah Addison Allen 


That would be an interesting dinner, right?  Who would you have over? Who are you *dying* to meet?

Happy Tuesday!
~ Nay ~

5 comments:

Trish said...

I'd love to meet Anita Diamant too. Great list!

Christine said...

How funny, I put the same dinner party twist on my list too. I assigned them dishes to bring- if I'm hosting they've got to pull their weight.

I love Isabel Allende- I saw her speak once and she was both brilliant and funny.

jackie b central texas said...

What a brilliantly diverse group that dinner party would be Nay.

Not really sure I could handle these 10 but for sure would enjoy meeting Diana Gabaldon, Lynsay Sands, Katie McAlister, Marjorie Liu, Faith Hunter, Lauren Dane, Laurell K Hamilton, John Levitt, Patrick Rothfuss and Keith Melton...

I have had the honor of dining with a couple of my fave authors recently and they were just regular people and it was a lot of fun...

jackie b central texas said...

Nay in answer to which authors since you do not have a posted email that I can reply to when you comment on my blog post they were actually lunch partners and got to meet and sit with Vicki Pettersson, sat behind and chatted up Rachel Caine and got to hug and take photos with Nalini Singh, Diana Love and Vicki... Missed the photo opp with Rachel more is the pity!

November will go back to the same event location and will get to eat supper with Gena Showalter, Jaye Wells, Dakota Cassidy, Michele Bardsley and a list of others at the Readers and Ritas event in Allen Texas outside of Dallas... Wish you could come but not sure the authors on the list are any you read...

Kate said...

Love the look of your website... came across it for the Top Ten Tuesday. Here is mine.
I'm a new follower. I am also looking forward to more of the 5 Questions... very interesting meme!
Hope your weekend went as 'planned'!