Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Joy of . . . Quilting, Baby!

This week's Talented Woman is...
~@~ Michelle ~@~
So many women I work with have exceptional talent : ) Michelle is no exception! 
Her art (and absolute joy) of quilting is amazing to me...I love to hear the stories about all the sewing she does and the enthusiasm she has for it.


Quilting takes so much patience, too!  I have never sown anything in my entire life, but to hear how she starts a quilt (all the cutting, piecing together, sewing, fixing...) takes my breath away.  And, as she has told me many times, it makes her feel good, relaxed, happy - isn't that the point to every little thing we do?  The satisfaction and joy from completing a task and being good at it?  That fact, the love she has for the process, and the end results are captivating.

I know it's warm (okay, a little sweltering in some areas) out there, but don't you just want to snuggle up with a cup of hot cocoa (don't forget the loads of marshmallows ! ), a good book, and one of these quilts?!





Thanks so very much, Sweet Michelle, for sharing this with me and everyone here.  See you soon (like, in a couple of minutes, right?)
: )
~ Nay ~

1 comment:

jackie b central texas said...

My Sister-In-Law and MIL are quilters, myself I never learned and do not have the patience but love the end result. Beautiful creations Nay, thanks for sharing Michelle's talent.