Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hey Mama!

84736224_xwugnsnk_c_largeYou know what
ALWAYS
makes me feel better when I'm feeling a little rotten?
My Mama...
She always makes me laugh...
She knows when to interrupt me and tell me what to do to make it all better...
She knows what it's like to be me...because she made me.

That's pretty much it, isn't it?
Your mom knows everything about you - even when you think she doesn't...
She's been there and done that...
And she knows how it feels to be a wife and a mom and the backbone to a family.
She's the one that holds it all together.

Mine did...
And although we live {{very}} far apart, she is always a phone call away.

me & mom (in Peru, 2009)


When I do get to see her (once every year or so), I just settle into the space that always makes me feel safe, that holds all the love I need, that knows what to whisper in my ear to make me laugh out loud...that space is always her embrace.

I think I'll go call her now : )
It's a "I need my mama"-kind of a morning...
~ Nay ~

2 comments:

Maegan said...

Yep, nothing better than time with mom. Thankfully mine is just 2 hours away so we get to see each other a lot.

Hope you had a good phone call :)

Monica Marlowe said...

I lost my mother to cancer when I was 25; too soon for anyone to lose their mother. Of course, I know she's with me in spirit, but there are days when it's just not the same as having her here to share life's details over a coffee. So nice to read this post and see that you appreciate your mom - every moment is precious!