Thursday, August 18, 2011

musical thoughts


Music always bring me back to "times"
Happy Ones
Sad Ones
L♥ve Ones
Broken Heart Ones
Hopeful Ones
You get the idea...

I woke up this morning wanting to hear music that makes me smile.
Now you must know...
I am pretty old school when it comes to music - like 90s hip hop and r&b (although I love all music - today I'm feeling like going 'back to the day')
...so, when I got to work this morning, I went to YouTube and watched/listened to this:

Absolutely one of the few songs that ALWAYS makes me {{smile}} and bop around in my cubicle...
and then I put on this because I wanted to laugh:

...and then I felt complete for the morning...
 
Wait!
I had to put this on too:
Classic...
 
and then I wanted to think about Mom, so I put this song because it makes me smile when she used to sing it in the car when I was a teenager (she was a cool momma, okay):
 
and then the song that reminds me of *puppy love*...

Now I'm a happy camper...
Fulfilled with my music...
Just being me...

~ Nay ~

Linking up with mama marchand @

and
 with Sarah Elizabeth @
Photobucket

7 comments:

Jill said...

Great songs!! I'd think Tiffany, NKOTBSB, Debbie Gibson...they take me back to a fun, happy childhood!

PS - I have you an award on my blog today!! http://jills-world.blogspot.com/2011/08/fish-tale-and-i-won-award.html

LD Masterson said...

Now, see, I'm going to have to date myself here. If I'm going back to my childhood, or at least my teen years, we're talking early Beatles, Stones, Animals (House of the Rising Sun), and on the flip side - Peter, Paul & Mary.

That was music!

Oh, and I'm your latest follower. *wave*

mama marchand said...

Ohhhh, girl. I LOVE the 90s. :) Great quote and great songs!

Thanks for linking up!

Leslie said...

Ahhhhh, thanks for the tunes!!! Brought me back!

Johanson Family said...

and ya have to admit, the songs from those days were always some that really told a tale or a story that always seemed to relate to you and your situation... not to mention the beats were great- my dad and I were just talking about some of the music these days that just say the same thing over and over again and are full of technology crap.. Great blog girly! :)

Melissa C said...

New kids on the block!!! Love it :)

Maegan said...

Awesome music. I also love when I hear an oldie but goodie .... Just moves my insides :) (I heart Mama Marchand!!)