Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Some Creative Roots...

I Spy
Hide & Seek
Happy "Talented Woman" Day!
Yes, I have found a most talented woman again in my blogging adventures!  I stumbled upon her blog by chance and am so very very thankful I did.  I think her blog is so *cool*...my kind of blog -
Tag
inspiring, sweet, and loving.

When I asked her if it would be okay to feature her on my bloggy, she was so very nice to say yes : ) Yay!

So without further ado...
{{drumroll please}}
Introducing
Alyss
 from
r o o t s
http://alyssandalex.blogspot.com/
I asked Miss Alyss to tell us a little about herself...an "About Me"-kinda thing:
***
Hi! My name is Alyss and here are 10 random facts about me:
1.
My son Jude is the cutest one-year old in the world. No contest. Dimples, blue eyes, little raspy voice.
2.
I get to eat two servings of soy pancakes a day as suggested by my nutritionist. No joke. With peanut butter.

You & Me
3.
I started dating my husband when I was 14 and he was 15. We still like each other.
4.
A huge passion of mine is teaching. My favorite grade so far is 2nd.
5.
 My nails are always painted. Toes and fingers, ever since I could do them myself.
6.
I left a bit of my heart in China. I taught English there one summer and greatly miss my students.

Red Chevron Love
7.
I'm a huge, huge, HUGE sci-fi geek.
8.
Along the same line... Who has two thumbs and is the #1 Harry Potter fan? This girl!

9.
I have a lot of freckles.
10.
I entered college as a Mathematics major, switched to English, hopped over to Liberal Studies, and finally ended up in the Fine Arts.

Chevron Be Still
That last one brings us up to speed with where I am in my life right now. I like to paint. Actually, I LOVE to paint and it's always been a large part of who I am. And after having my son, it got pushed to the back-burner. Recently though, I broke the brushes back out and got back into it.
I like to work on natural wood, giving it new life. My trees are my favorites. Even while painting them, I feel a sense of serenity.
I hope you also enjoy my work!
 ***

Thank you so much, Alyss, for stopping by "Cover to Cover" and sharing your creativity with us.

To see more of Alyss' work, visit her etsy shop!

 click here!

and her fabulous bloggy,  http://alyssandalex.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Be blessed with all the beauty around you...
~ Nay ~

3 comments:

Alyss said...

Thank you sooo much for the feature Nay! You're incredibly sweet!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Very cool! I'll have to check her out. I am a sucker for trees :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!

Fairday Morrow said...

Fun questions and answers!

I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/
Also, my co-author, Stephanie, liked your fb page today. Please like us back at: http://www.facebook.com/fairday

Take care-
Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)