Wednesday, October 12, 2011

50 Questions!

I saw this “50 Questions” post on Name Your {Joy}and asked if I could borrow the idea. I got a “yes” and so here you go. I asked Andi at PidgApeg to join me in answering them, too. We’re doing a copy-cat kind of post today. So go check hers out, @ PidgApeg

What time did you get up this morning?
5:05am…so much later than it used to be! I used to wake up at 4:30am to get to work by 7:00am:/
How do you like your steak?
Well Done – I like my meat dead – really dead..
What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
The Help – an afternoon date with the hubby when I had a day off from work and the kids were back in school. So nice.
What is your favorite TV show?
I like the law and police dramas…usually “Harry” or “Criminal Minds” or “Law & Order: SVU”. Oh, and I’m loving The Sing Off!
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Definitely Italy – somewhere in Tuscany or Venice…sounds so perfect there.
What did you have for breakfast?
Weight Watchers Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal (from my wonderful girly, Rox)…and coffee, a must!
What is your favorite food?
Anything my hubby cooks – he’s become a great cook since I’ve started my new eating lifestyle…should have started that “lifestyle” a long time ago if I’d known he would could like this!
Foods you dislike?
Cantaloupe & Olives – yuck!
Favorite place to eat?
A Peruvian restaurant in Cerritos – El Ricoto! Almost as good as eating in Lima!
Favorite dressing?
Definitely 1,000 Island…a close second, Creamy Italian…
What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Currently our 1 vehicle is a black Mitsubishi SUV…that will change sooner than we thought.
What are your favorite clothes?
I actually like dressing for work…slacks, a nice shirt with a cardigan or pashmina...on the weekends, I’m a jeans and t-shirt with a sweatshirt-kinda girl…want to work on my casual look where I don’t look frumpy or soccer mom-ish.
Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Didn’t I just answer that before? Um…Italy…but I could do Spain, too. There wouldn’t be a language barrier there. 
Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
It really depends...1/2 my life I would always say 1/2 empty, but lately I've turned into a 1/2 full type of woman... Where would you want to retire?
Near a beach or lake…with my hubby and grandkids all around me in the kitchen baking cookies and cakes!
Favorite time of day?
Definitely the morning…the quietness and alone time is priceless.
Where were you born?
Los Angeles, California – but I’m an international woman since I was raised pretty much everywhere but L.A.
What is your favorite sport to watch?
Not a sports type of gal, but if I ~had~ to…basketball or little league baseball…
What is your favorite fragrance?
My children’s necks…can’t beat the natural child smell of them…I’ll miss that when they get older.
What is your favorite face cream?
I always used Neutrogena, but recently was treated to Benefits moisturizer and smells yummmmm
Favorite baby/kids products?
Anything Johnson & Johnson…
People watcher?
Definitely! It’s one of my favorite hobbies:)
Are you a morning or night person?
Depends on what I’m doing, but I’m more tolerable at night ‘cause I get mellow and not so talk talk talk…I’m a chatterbox in the morning…
Do you have any pets?
Nope
Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
I finally got an idea of what my book will be about and how I’m going to present it! I got the revelation yesterday morning in the shower…I do my best thinking in there.
What did you want to be when you were little?
A teacher…I thought it would be so great to teach little kids…as I got older, I wanted to work in a publishing house.
What is your favorite memory?
The ones I’m making with my little family…those are the only memories worth having or making.
Are you a cat or dog person?
Dogs all the way…cats are too standoff-ish and kinda creepy to me.
Are you married?
Very happily…no, really, it’s pretty wonderful being married to your best friend.
Always wear your seat belt?
Yes! You get a ticket if you don’t!
Been in a car accident?
Yeah…all my fault, although I never got hurt except for my feelings when I had to pay the car repair bills.
Any pet peeves?
Too many for this questionnaire…I’m sooo OCD it’s scary!
Favorite pizza toppings?
All veggie or double mushrooms! Oh, and when I lived in Lima, they had this place that made all meat w/ pineapple – oh my goodness, I want some now!
Favorite flower?
Tulips – any color…
Favorite ice cream?
Baskin Robbin’s Gold Medal Ribbon or World Class Chocolate
Favorite fast food restaurant?
Jack in the Box…those tacos are addicting…oh, and have you tried the eggrolls…oh, and the sourdough burger…so sad ‘cause I can’t eat that anymore…
How many times did you fail your driver's test?
The actual driving test? Um, I barely passed!
From whom did you get your last email?
Andi from PidgApeg!
Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
These days? If I had a credit card it would be Macy’s…I’ve been finding some great stuff there lately.
Favorite book?
Hands down “The Notebook” by Nicholas Sparks
Like your job?
Sometimes – you know what? Yes I like it…I get to help people everyday…and I’m thankful to have one especially when I know there are so many out of work these days.
Broccoli?
All the time…all kinds of broccoli too!
What was your favorite vacation?
We had a mini- vacation for one of my birthdays to a little resort in Palm Springs – just the four of us. It was a surprise from my hubby:)
Last person you went out to dinner with?
My hubby…with the kids.
What are you listening to right now?
One of my Pandora stations I created…”Soulful & Bleu” and a lot of office mate chatter.
What is your favorite color?
Blues – all shades
How many tattoos do you have?
Just one. On my toe…it supposed to be a bee…doesn’t always look like it, though. Ha!
Coffee drinker?
Only way I stay awake at work.
Favorite drink?
Recently, Minute Maid Lite Lemonade.
What word describes you best?
“Interesting” I’m not quite what you think I’m going to be like when you first meet me…but I grow on you in that “interesting” way you grow to either love or not love so much.

That was a lot of questions…phew!
Wanna answer the 50 Questions, too? Go ahead! Let me know if you do, I’d love to see what you answer.

Happiness to you,
~ Nay ~

Thanks to Chelsea {Joy} for the great idea...check her out here:


4 comments:

Pidg said...

Okay, why I feel the need to comment on all 50 of your questions I have no idea. The important part is that I'm not actually doing it...I am giggling though at the thought of it...no..no...

Okay, I'm gonna go check out what PidgApeg said...wait..What?!

I love you bunches!

Ashley said...

I would love to do something fun like this! :)

Sporadically Yours said...

I enjoyed your answers. We have a lot in common - not so much in that the answers would be the same but pretty close. I'll let you know if I play. Right now 50 questions seems like homework ;-)

Salena @ A Little Piece of Me said...

Haha, children's necks. I can relate to that one. Especially after my little ones get out of the shower but I love the smell of baby. :)

Love this list.