Monday, October 31, 2011

{#6} "Check Her Bloggy Out!!" {Noise with Dirt}

I am so happy to have you meet our newest blogger-ette today.
She is a remarkable mama and I always enjoy going over to her bloggy for inspiration, perspective, and smiles.
I am happy to share her with all of you...you'll be happy I did!
so here goes...
Welcome to the newest blogger-family member of the
“Check Her Bloggy Out!!”

-->MamaPhan<--
from

{{waves}}Hi. I'm MamaPhan.

I think I found Nay via #5QF and it's been blog love ever since for me. I'm pretty sure that's the case, anyway. Don't hold me to it, though, because I'm pretty sure my kids suck the brains out of me.

The blog is called Noise with Dirt mostly because I have two boys [three if you count my husband] and if there's anything I've learned in the past three years, it's that boys are most definitely noise with dirt on them.
It's even evident in my baby, and he's not quite a year old. I've kept some form of online blog since, I don't know, 1998? Not all have been public, but they're still there if I want to go looking for them. I started Noise with Dirt [originally called Phanatically Speaking] while I was still pregnant with Butter. I did a lot of sporadic posting between then and the time he turned three, including blogging about Little Bear's stay in the NICU.
I tend to blog about my kids, my husband, and my struggles with my own health. In February 2011, I was diagnosed with Moyamoya. It's not something doctors know a ton about, and my hope is that my posts about going through tests and eventual surgery will help someone else who has it. As far as my plans for the blog, I'd like to keep track of what my kids do. One of the things I deal with, having Moyamoya, is a risk of stroke. If something like that ever happens, I want to have a record of what my kids do, cute things they say, etc. to help me get through recovery.

If you want to know about the yummiest food experience I missed, it's actually a funny story. For my husband's 35th birthday, we went to a restaurant called Babbo in NYC. M has a thing for Mario Batali. And Gordon Ramsay. And Anthony Bourdain. And Alton Brown. And... well, you get the picture. So we went to Babbo for M's 35th birthday. It was a great night, and I got to wear a pretty party dress and fancy shoes my bestie helped me pick out. We decided to get the tasting menu. M raved about the venison. I couldn't taste it because I had a cold. Turns out my cold was the very first sign that Butter would make his arrival the following July.

As for things that keep me sane? There aren't a lot of them lately. There just aren't. I have a three year old, a baby who will walk any day AND is getting molars, and two brain surgeries coming up. I've become addicted to Friday Night Lights and I read a lot of books because I'm not really sleeping. [See also: two brain surgeries coming up.]

If after reading all that, you still want to read my posts, come and join my crazy party. I'd love to have you!

Thanks so much for sharing, MamaPhan!
I knew it would be great to have you here...

So everyone, if you want more "Noise with Dirt":
Twitter:  @MamaPhan
Pinterest:  mamaphan

xoxo
~ Nay ~

ps:
Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

mamaphan said...

Yay, thank you! :)

Sporadically Yours said...

You have THREE boys (yes husbands count). I love your blog - already a follower!

Pidg said...

I don't think many women with kids are sane you're in good company! ;)