Friday, October 21, 2011

Dishin' It With Chef Marco! {2}

Guess who's back to visit us?!  My favorite chef in California : )  You remember him!  I know you do...Remember his fabulously delicious recipe that I posted here ?

Yes!  It's Chef Marco!  And he's back to "dish it up" again...this one looks YUM also...I'm beginning to really like this feature : )

“Dishin’ It with Chef Marco”
Photo Credit:  Jiselle Castro (2011)
Chicken Korma
With steamed basmati rice
serves 3

Ingredients:
1- 13.5 oz coconut milk or 2 cups
½ oz whole blanched almonds ( reserve a few for garnish)
1 Tblsp unsalted butter
2 each roma tomatoes seeded and small diced
5 garlic gloves minced
1 knob of ginger minced
1 medium onion sliced thin
1 ½ Tbls red curry paste
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups chicken broth
2 each medium chicken breast or thigh meat 1 inch dice
Salt and pepper

For Rice:
Add washed rice to small sauce pot with chicken broth.
Bring to boil, lower heat to simmer cover with lid and cook for 20 minutes

For Korma:
In food processor, add almonds and pulse until almonds are coarsely chopped.
Add ½ cup of coconut milk and puree until thick about 1 ½ minutes.
Add mixture with the rest of coconut milk in a separate bowl and set aside.
In a hot soup pot with the flame on high, add butter, ginger, garlic and onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add chicken and brown about 8 minutes.
Poor in coconut milk mixture and lower flame to low. Simmer for about 10- 13 minutes. (If sauce is too thick, thin out with more coconut milk.)

Serve over steamed basmati rice and garnish with diced tomato and almonds.
You can also serve this dish with various vegetables on the side to get your nutrition intake for the day.  Enjoy...  

Chef’s Notes: 
Always try and garnish food with one of the ingredients that’s in the dish. In this case almonds.  Also, always wash your rice before cooking.

Don’t forget to sanitize your cutting board after cutting raw chicken. Sanitize with bleach... or even vinegar works!

Bon Appétit!
...
Thanks again to my wonderful nephew for another mouth-watering recipe...and, by the way, hey Marco!  I'm making a list of all of these recipes - you MUST cook these for me now : )

Happy Eating Friday Everyone
xoxo
~ Nay ~

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That looks delicious!

Sporadically Yours said...

Yuuuuum-ME!!! Now where can I go to get something like this. I will never fix it myself since I am lost on at least two of the ingredients and wondering if you can buy almonds already blanched. I know - not. But YUM!

Sporadically Yours said...

Ok, I think I'm enabled. Try again. ;-)