Thursday, October 27, 2011

strong thoughts!



Ain't that the truth?!
I have wanted this exact thought to shoot out of me....pretty much all my life...
Enough!
I can't please everybody or do everything they want and still be me.
The real me.
The me underneath all that pleasing...
all that insecurity...
all that "yes, I'll do it - it's doesn't matter that hurts me to."
The me that is yelling deep inside there,
"Let me out! I'm worth it!"

Well, I am slowly doing that...it's hard...it's terribly difficult...it's liberating.  And, yes, it can be a little painful, but that Me inside screaming to get out?
She is...
and I just whisper to her,

"I knew you were in there..."

: )
~ Nay ~

linking up at

mama marchand’s musings

6 comments:

Pidg said...

I'm lucky because I knew it was in there too! And I bet lots more than you think... ;) I love this post!

mama marchand said...

LOVE this quote and post, lady.

Thanks for linking up!

Alexandra said...

I agree, and I'm trying very hard to find that ME I've lost many years ago. Also learning that saying no it does not make you a bad person, but teaches others that you are not their personal assistant. Love this post!

Sporadically Yours said...

You know where my head is when I quickly read this as "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only chocolate you have" ;-)

Brooke said...

This is a great post! I found you via the follow fest today.
This sentiment is so true. No matter our age I think we have to work at being ourselves.

the cheese thief said...

i like that quote

Stopping by from the blog hop.

I'm a new follower.
hope you can check me out at
thecheesethief.blogspot.com