Tuesday, October 11, 2011

wouldn't this just be absolutely yummy right about now?!

So a month or so, I was dying ( ! ) for some banana bread, cake, whatever!
Then I became Twitter friends with Mama Phan from 
click here to check out her bloggy!
 and she sent me a recipe!  And, secretly, don't tell her this, but I had to follow her and fan her on FB because of this wonderfulness of her - Sh! {Food prayers are definitely answered, let me tell ya!} And then this morning, she sent me some pics!  {Mouth is definitely watering!  Can someone send me a bib for all this drool, please?!}

So, of course, I have to share with all of you!

So Thanks Mama Phan...for, well, being a fantastic mama : )
Mama Phan says, "I've altered this to my liking from www.thefreshloaf.com
 
Banana Bread
{makes 1 full size or 2 small loaves}

In one bowl, combine:
1/2 stick butter (4-5 tablespoons; I tend to use 5), softened
2 eggs
2-3 very ripe bananas
2/3 cup sugar

Use a potato masher or fork to mush the banana and mix the ingredients together. Small chunks of banana are encouraged!

In another bowl, mix:
1 1/3 cup AP flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional; I use more)

Combine the wet and dry ingredients until they're just mixed - it's very important to not over mix the bread! If you'd like, stir in nuts, chocolate chips, or dried cherries or apricots. I add two or three handfuls.
Pour into a greased pan and bake in a 350 degree oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes for a full sized loaf, or 30 minutes for a small loaf.

My kiddo likes it with chocolate chips. Husband likes it with walnuts. I like it best with nothing added. This is why it's fun to make a few different small loaves. Every person gets their favorite."

Yay for Banana Bread!!!
~ Nay ~

3 comments:

Smart Ass Sara said...

I don't care for banana bread but Matt does- so this is perfect!

Pidg said...

Holy yummy! I so love banana bread. A few weeks ago I had a ridiculous amount of bananas and I made a triple batch of banana muffins and we tore those things up! The kids were eating them straight out of the freezer! But I bet you're not surprised. ;)

Natassia @ Nat's Knapsack said...

Hahaha i love the boy definition!!!