Thursday, November 3, 2011

on friendship & love...


Once upon a time, a very long time ago, there lived
 two little girls in California.  They didn't know each other.  There wasn't even a thought of each other. 
As the years passed and went on and on, these little girls grew up.  Each of them had many travels between them, around the United States and abroad.  They still knew nothing of each other.  They each became mommies and wives and lived their lives as content as they thought was possible.
Then one day, they each started their own blogs.  They wrote about their thoughts, worries, laughs...everything pretty much.  And then lo and behold, they found each other in that world of Blogland.  They began following each others' blogs and commenting when they could, as they were both busy mommas and wives. 
One thing lead to another - the comments turned into emails - and the emails turned into text messages - and the text messages turned into phone calls.  They became very good friends and now they are happily each others' bloggy best friends.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pidg and I have become fast friends in this wonderful bloggy world...
Just the other day, as we were on the phone {yes, we talk or text almost on a daily basis!}, we started talking about friendships and love.  The love conversation turned into talking about our husbands.  Then we talked a little bit about how we met these guys and when we got together.  Well, to our HUGE surprise, Bam! Just like that, like always, our lives had yet again another similarity.
Today, many years ago, my hubby and I committed our lives to each other.  On November 3rd at a table on the back patio of an Applebee's, my hubby and I became a unit.  Us against the world!  I had known this boy, now a pretty darn hot man I might add, since I was fourteen.  Fourteen, people!  I would have never thought that I'd be sitting at an Applebee's with the boy I met in my sophomore high school English class...let alone becoming his partner in life.  I fell in love with him (through a whole drawn out deal - I could write a book on that one!), we had children, we got married, we've had ups, we've had downs...but we've had it together.  And every year, on November 3rd, we remember that was the date all those years ago that started it all : )
And the HUGE surprise, you ask?  On November 3rd, as well, Pidg and Po became their own little (okay, not so little - 6 kids, okay?!) unit...
November 3rd!  What a coinky-dink, right?  Well, as it turns out, pretty much every time Pidg and I talk, email, or text, we discover more and more coincidences.

So those little girls up there, that's us.  We may have not known each other then, but God had it all in the works.  He does cool stuff like that!  Ain't it grand?!
xoxo
~ Nay ~
 See Pidg's November 3rd Copy Cat post:
PidgApeg Blog


also linking up at
mama marchand’s musings

because, "What a thought!" The thought and realization that He always had this plan.  He brought Pidg and I together....forever : )

8 comments:

Pidg said...

Oh I love it! Yours is so sweet and beautifully thought out...mine is so desperately asking for coffee to slow down my ridiculously ADD brain! I loves you to pieces Nay!!!!

Ashley said...

ahh.. that is really great that you guys have become such good friends!

Manda Jane said...

what a fantastic story! it gave me chill bumps!

Bonnie Inc. said...

OMG! Those pictures are adorable! It's awesome how you guys have formed a great friendship. Happy Anniversary to you too!!! What do your husband's think of you two crazy chicks? (Mine would wonder if I was going to run off with my new best friend lol)

Christine said...

What a lovely and heartwarming post. Very sweet. : )

jackie b central texas said...

It proves the big bad old world is a small place after all and congratulations on the friendship and the lasting relationships with both your BFF blog buddy and your significant other Nay!

Sporadically Yours said...

Awww I love the pictures. So sweet. Side not, my husband and I MET at Applebees on a blind lunch date ;-)

Salena @ A Little Piece of Me said...

This is so sweet! I don't know how I missed this post. I too have so many similarities to Andi, it's scary. lol. I love her so much too!! :) I hate our time difference but she always seems to be there like nothing else is going on when I email or text her. I don't know how she does it. lol.