Tuesday, November 8, 2011

you ain't gonna get me down!

just thinking...

I've been doing a lot of that lately. 

Yesterday I felt like I was bombarded with negativity and I know exactly why it was so bad....

I prayed and read the bible yesterday
 - and I have a huge feeling it pissed that "someone down there" off!
No, really...

I felt that I should start reading Jeremiah yesterday morning as soon as I woke up.  Like I *needed* to make time to read it or at least start it.  Now, mind you, I am a reader.  I love to read.  But when it comes to The Book, I just can't get myself to get past a paragraph (well, verse in this case, right?)  But I *wanted* to do it this time...I really wanted to get absorbed by the words.  I felt that if I did that, everything would be better.  I would get strength in my core again.

But it didn't happen...
every single thought that has ever haunted me came back in full force. 
All the bad self-esteem issues came thundering at me. 
I felt like waves of fury were hitting me at every turn.

I couldn't wait until the work day was over.  I need to be in my hubby's arms.  I needed him to make me laugh because, ultimately, he is the one that knows how.  I don't need to say anything and he just knows.  It's a good feeling. 

So although I didn't get back to reading Jeremiah yesterday,
I did make a plan…

Today is going to be a good day...
I'm not letting anyone ~ especially not that bastard down there ~ make me feel like I am worthless. 
I am not going to let my thoughts {the ones that say I'm not good enough or that I'm not worth it} take over Me.

Because today, I'm not letting anything get me down...nothing...

Thank you for always taking the time to listen…
~ Nay ~

“Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says,
‘Oh shit, she’s awake!’

3 comments:

mama marchand said...

Amen, sister friend. That quote is one of my FAVORITES. ;)

You are a child of the King - you are worth it, lady!

Sporadically Yours said...

Hey Nay, A minute or two in the word is better than none at all. I just unsuccessful tried to tweet you a Joyce Meyers tweet from this morning. i'm not such a good tweeter yet. So I JUST retweeted it. Maybe you can find it. I'm @sporadictweets. I reminded of the first part of her tweet when I read this. It said, "Sometimes wher eyou are the closest to your breakthrough the pressure is the greatest..." ((hugs))

jackie b central texas said...

Perspective, positive thinking and reinforcement from a loved one is priceless. Today was a good day Nay, you made it better by not allowing the bad thoughts to get you down and in doing so reminded me to do the same!