Thursday, January 19, 2012

♪♫all the single ladies...all the single ladies♪♫


oh great...now i'm going to have that song in my head all day!
{ha ha - but, back to the post...}
it's time for... 

so what am i thinking about? hm...
{oh, just get to the post, nay! jeez!}
so...
i have a lot of girlfriends that are single...
and i definitely remember what it was like for me before being married.
when i'm asked,
"when will it happen for me?
when will i be in a relationship...married...?"
i’m at a loss for words…I don’t want to say anything that will disappoint her or roll her eyes at me….
it wasn’t so long ago that i was single…
back in the day, i would ask the same question to my married friends or girlfriends in relationships...i'd go as far as asking,
"don't you know anyone?  doesn't your husband/boyfriend know someone for me?"
and i was definitely not embarrassed to ask...it just wasn't fun to have to.
that’s not to say that being single was the worse thing in the world, either...i love going back to those memories and thinking of all the good stuff that came along with it.  {but that's not what this post is about...}
when i was single, pretty much everyone had advice on my "situation," as a lot of them like to put it.  i just wanted the answer.  i wanted the truth...
but...
this is what i heard all the time:
"he's right under your nose, but you just don't know it"
"when you stop looking, it'll happen"
"it's just not your time yet"
ugh! {right?!}
and you know what's awful now...i catch myself saying that to my single gals all the time.
but now, i have found the perfect answer! 
this is what i wish someone had told me!



Source: weheartit.com via Renee on Pinterest

as a single woman, doesn't that just make you feel hopeful? 
as an "attached" woman, doesn't that sound like something you would want to tell your lovely girlfriend?







i liked it...
{no?}
how about this?

ha!
love ya, my single ladies! {you know I do!!!}
and that's what's been on my mind lately:)
xoxo
~ nay ~


3 comments:

Pidg said...

I love it and it's so true! Although I didn't want to find anyone, Po found me and didn't let go. {Thank goodness!} And Heavenly Father was saving me for someone special. But the second answer is more likely to come out of my mouth!! Hahahaha!

Manda Jane said...

Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree more or said it better myself. At 31 I felt like it would never happen for me! So I just prayed and prayed. And I'm so happy I waited. He came along when I least expected it and had been right under my nose for 2 years! And now he is going to be my husband and I'm blessed to be marrying my best friend and gaining 4 beautiful kids!

Polkadot-pretties said...

Loved !!! your post :)

i have to say that, that song is one of my favourites !!!