Tuesday, January 31, 2012

♪♫ everyday i'm journalin' ♪♫

Guess what I did?!

Last month Aleks asked bloggers if they wanted to be involved in a handmade journal swap.  I loved the idea and had to join in!  All you had to do was decorate {or make from scratch} a journal for your swap partner.  You were given details about your partner and then decorate or create away!

The best part was each journal swap partner had no idea who their partner was.  So it was a surprise on top of that - that made it even better.  The idea made you really get to know your partner through all her social networking outlets.

I was so nervous and excited when I found out who I received.  She is a big time blogger and, more than that, has always been so welcoming to me.  She has also been featured on my "Check Her Bloggy Out!!", so she's part of my blogger-ette family:)  She's a blog designer and has an inspirational and faith-based blog.  Can you guess who I got yet?

It was Aimee {!}
from
and this is the journal I made for her:
Whatcha think?
Now it was my turn to receive my handmade goodness!  I was so excited, but with the way the mail system is at my work, I was waiting for a while...
But as it's said, "good comes to those who wait"
{or something like that, right?}...
Well, it wasn't only good, it was GREAT!

I had received my journal package and a little surprise from Aleks, too!
But the "GREAT" part?
My secret journal swap partner was
Rebecca
from
She is such a sweet soul!  She's that person that always has something good to say, the one that makes you think...I had the hugest smile on my face when I got the package!
Just look!
Isn't that just awesome!
My favorite verse {the one that speaks to me when I can't} on a beautifully quilted journal.  The pictures don't do it justice {no really, my lil camera phone is awful!}, but it's just...
well, special.

Which makes me feel special!

So, thank you, Rebecca, for knowing exactly what to make for me.

Be sure to check out Aleks, Aimee, and Rebecca's blogs - you won't be disappointed♥

null

5 comments:

Darcie Santoyo said...

How fun!

Chrissy @ Boerman Ramblings said...

I love how she added your name in the scripture! awesome!

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

that is so cool!!! :o)

I'm mailing out your package tomorrow! :D

Aleks said...

wow! the scripture on your journal is so amazing! thanks for joining!!!!

Kathy Schneider said...

What a cool swap!