Friday, January 20, 2012

a little lovin' for a friday mornin'

I woke up this morning with love stories on the brain...I thought about mine with my husband {of course}, but a way better one came to mind.
*
*
It started when a 24-year-old guy from Lima, Peru was out to start an adventure to the US.  Boston was supposed to be a "stop-over" for him...

He worked a lot and met a lot of people while discovering this new city...

Soon a friend of his invited him to a cousin's 18th birthday dinner. 
He went (free food and drink - he couldn't beat that...) and met his friend's cousin. 

He sat with her talking all night (and probably laughing and thinking she was so adorable). 

One thing led to another and soon he would pick her up everyday at  her "T" stop, head over to Bailey's for a scoop of pistachio ice cream...

Quickly he fell in love...after six months of dating, she told him they would be expecting a baby...they married and have been together ever since.  Their life had many ups and downs but always filled with each other.


And that baby?

That was me.

Papa says that after that long night of talking at Mom's birthday party, he fell in love.  My mom says she gave him a chance because she thought he was french and looked like a Beatle (ha!)...

You know what really hooked my dad in, though? 
My mom would sing to him...

Here's to the best love story I know...and enjoy the songs my mom sang to my papa when I wasn't even a thought yet...




*
*
Happy Friday Loves!
~ Nay ~

linking up with



Flashback Friday

8 comments:

Mrs. Robinson said...

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE it!!! :) It reminds me a little of my parent's love story!!

I have been wanting to write up my parent's story or to get my mom to write it down. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Pamela S said...

That's so sweet! Love it!

Pidg said...

So sweet! The true stories are the best...like Cinderella ya know ;) Have a wondermous weekend! Loves!

Heidi said...

Oh, I love hearing other people's love stories! Stopping by from Flashback Friday, have a great weekend!

Aleks said...

beautiful! i love a good love story! thanks for sharing it!

jackie b central texas said...

True Love makes the world go round, glad you shared your parents story Nay it is truly nice to read something so very AWWWWWW inspiring! Too bad more marriages do not start and stay so enjoyable, if they did the world would be a happier place right now.

Jen said...

What a lovely story <3

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Awww that is/was so sweet!