Wednesday, January 11, 2012

really? this is my own.little.word?!

"one little word"
The one word that is put upon our hearts. 
I've seen a lot of my bloggy friends writing about their one little word and they were *so very much* inspiring to me.  And then I found out people were doing this because of this linky party. 
So, you know me...I had to be a part of it:)

Well, that's how I started feeling about it...
happy.
inspired.
excited. 
What would MY word be? 
That's when it happened..
Nothing.  Yup, nothing came to me. 
So what did I do?
I prayed. 
I asked for that one.little.word and knew He would give me exactly that word I needed.
{Did you notice that?  I said needed, not wanted.}
So after saying, "Really?  After all of it, after everything... No, really?! Oh boy...okay."
So, He gave me
*
*
"FORGIVE"
*

*
That one action that is the hardest for me. 
That one thing that is filled with so much - which now consumes my every thought.
I know I'm not supposed to question it, just let it and receive and accept it.
I just don't want that word. 

"Forgive" brings so much feeling and turmoil within me.
But you know what?
Last night, I stopped and I said,
"Okay.  You know what you're doing."
{I'm filled with so much emotion reading that line...}

I don't promise that it will happen instantly. 
I do promise that I'll do whatever is needed to do that "one little word".
{which, um, why is my little word so BIG?!}
And, so this month, I'll try to start by doing just that.
I'll start with myself.
~ nay ~
What will your one little word be? Ask. You might get blown away:)
Go check out other one little words at

{and you know what, this little word does make me happy...really.
I know it doesn't sound like it. But I'm good, trust me-smiles-}

9 comments:

Pidg said...

Love. We all need to forgive in order to deserve forgiveness. Yes? :) Loves you.

Ashley said...

I am not really good at forgiving either. :(

Nats Knapsack said...

Nay, I love this! What a powerful "little" word :) There is so much healing behind it! xoxo

Darcie Santoyo said...

That's a big one, but we all need it :)

Heather @ Its A Long Story said...

Oh my goodness, what a powerful word! That is going to do amazing things in your life this year. I can't wait to hear about it! This week's linky party just went live, so come on over and link up so everyone can see!

Maegan said...

My one little word hasn't been shared with me as of yet ...

Forgive is a big one! Proud of you for sticking with it and not running away from it.

Fallon said...

I find that I am a much better "2nd forgiver" which means, I am so much better at forigiving if I am not the first one to do it. :) I love this word.

Ashley said...

Forgiveness is something that used to be impossible for me. But once I decided to shed the guilt or the weight it left on my shoulders, it was almost natural. :)

Brooke said...

what a fantastic post! It's so true that your one little word really has such a big meaning and is SO hard.
As I was reading I instantly thought someone else that I need to work on forgiving....then when you said you'd start with yourself I thought SMART lady! It's a good place to begin. I think we can be too hard on ourselves and forgiving us our own faults will help us forgive others theirs.