Monday, February 13, 2012

{#22} "Check Her Bloggy Out!!" {Absolute Mommy}

Hi everyone,
Time for another dose of my...
I have a feeling you're really going to enjoy this guest post.  
She is so genuine and real that it's a pleasure knowing her.  She's also like one of those friends you love to have...she makes you laugh, supports you in everything you do, and is there for you.  It's wonderful knowing her.
And now {if you haven't already discovered her already} you get to meet her here.
So please give a big welcome to the newest blogger-ette in the Cover to Cover family,
Megan
from




Absolute Mommy
Have fun getting to know the Absolute Mommy!
:)
~So tell us about yourself...~
I'm Megan.  But most days I go by Mom.  I blog about my life and my kids and I'm sure it's gonna bite me in the butt one day.
I love my iPhone, Starbucks and chocolate, pretty much in that order.  I'm a wife too, but sometimes a wonky one... Like sandwhiches for dinner.  I will do my best to be honest, not to offend, and to make you laugh, but I can't promise all 3 at the same time!

~And what's your bloggy about - why did you start - what are your plans for it...~
AbsoluteMommy is about me, fumbling through motherhood.  I started it because I needed something for myself.  I went from a working person to mom and I felt like my whole identity was now mom.  Also I love to write, so I had been thinking of blogging for awhile.  I just wanted to connect with other moms on a level of honesty.  I wanted to make sure that other moms were stumbling too, and that cookies for dinner is sometimes acceptable.  I'm hoping that blog will grow, and that my writing will someday make some mad money for things like Starbucks, but if not that's ok too. 
I think I'm just a writer at heart, but my big dream is to someday write a book. 

~What's your own A-Ha! moment?~
My A-Ha mamma moment was when my BF said, "It's ok if you hate motherhood as long as you love your kids".  It was mind blowing to say the least.  In my "Big Girls Don't Cry Post", I outline what I know now was some serious PPD.  I was just afraid to admit that while I wanted the world for my daughter, I was hating every minute of it.  I just felt like a total failure for not being over the moon about being a mom, until some one pointed out that it's the hardest job. EVER.

~What one thing in your life keeps you sane and happy?
Blogging seriously keeps me happy and sane.  Before I would have said Starbucks or Facebook.  Blogging lets me get out all the crap running hog wild in my mind.  But blogging also provides me with a sense of accomplishment.  Sure my kids are 2 great accomplishments, but blogging is all mine.  Me putting pen to paper if you will.  It's the best thing I've done for myself since becomming a mom.  I seriously don't know what took me so long!
  
~I bet my followers are thinking, "I'm so happy I heard about this bloggy!" after they read this...~ 
I hope so too! They can also read the following to get a better idea about AbsoluteMommy!


Thank you so much for being on, Megan!
Want more of the Absolute Mommy?
Go here:

null

3 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

Thanks for having me!! It was so fun to answer all those questions.
Love and hugs!
Megan

Fallon said...

YAY! Thanks for sharing her blog. It was nice for me to go through and read about another moms PPD, so I dont feel like such a loner with the situation! (I am off meds, and over it, but it still haunts me!!)

Manda Jane said...

I think I've found a new blog to follow! She's is wonderful!