Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Owl" Always Love....


How has your day been so far?
I was thinking a lot about what I would write today...the day of love.
Would I write about my husband and the love we share?
Maybe about the unconditional love I have from my kiddies?
The love of friendship from the ones that are there for you always?
 Um...nope!
I want to talk about something way more important than that...
something that should be closer to our hearts today more than ever...
 I want us, each and every woman especially, out there to remember this:
Source: weibo.com via Renee on Pinterest

I'm not trying to tell you what to do {who me?!}...but it's been on my heart since I read this post yesterday morning.  It touched me.  It inspired me.  It reminded me....

So this post is really for me...{love ya though! and you can tag along if you want!}

Reasons I Just Gotta Love Me...



I can sing.
I sure can!  I've always loved anything to do with music.  Music makes me emotional. Every emotion links to every chord and note eventually wrapping itself through the lyrics.  I sing everyday.  Every.Single.Day.{just ask my co-workers...lol}
I write. 
It's my passion.  When someone asks me what I want to be when I grow up {I'm not grown up yet, people!}, I always say, "a writer."  It's in my blood.  I don't even know if I'll be an author of best-selling legendary novels, but - what I do know is that I have the talent to put thoughts to paper and make them dance across the page.
I love.
Ferociously, in fact.  If I give you my heart...it's all of it, not just smidgens of it.  I love so much that I cry sometimes.  Love is my dream and my reality.
I’m a good friend.
I will stand by you {right or wrong}.  I'll make you laugh when you didn't think you had it in you.  I'll hold you when all you need is that hug.  I'll listen {or at least try to...} when you need to vent it all out.  I'll cry with you. I'll go to the moon and back for you....because you would do the same for me.
I’m funny.
Oh yeah, I am.  My husband just laughs when he walks by me or thinks of me.  And if I'm really ticked off, I'm even more hilarious {don't know why, you'd have to ask my best friend}.  I love to make people laugh, so I try to make it happen at least once a day.  Laughter is good for the soul, right?
I’m curvalicious.
Always have been and ALWAYS will.  I was built that way.  I don't look good super thin.  I get this sway in my walk when I feel like a hottie - when I know my body's workin' it.  I know I have all the right curves in all the right places - how do you think I got my hubby? Ha!  Even when I put myself down about my weight or that I don't work out enough...I have to put those thoughts and throw them in the trash!
I can dance.
So that goes with the last one...a lot!  I'm Latina, so it's just natural to know how to move.  My absolute favorite dancing partner? My father.  At my wedding, instead of doing a waltz for the father-daughter dance, we shook what our mommas gave us.  I love to dance and I don't discriminate on the kind of music either.  If it makes me move and makes me happy - well, you get it, right?
I am affectionate.
Like hugs, kisses, tickles...love notes....I do it all and I'm not ashamed of my mushiness at all!  I think {no, I know!} it's what makes me happy because it makes other people happy.  I'm a people-pleaser, and you know what?  That's SO okay:)
I’m loyal.
You know, like that dog...the one that rescues you from a snowstorm...a Saint Bernard!  Yup, that's me!  I will stand by you, try and rescue you {sorry, even if you don't want me to...}, hold your hand, pray for you, be your wing (wo)man, be - well, just be there for you.
I’m a chatterbox.
You know how I can ramble on and on with this bloggy?  Yeah, I'm way worse in real life.   I know it drives people crazy and I have made it my new year's resolution every.single.year - but not this year!  I decided I just have to be me.  I can try my hardest not to interrupt you but it's 'cause I get SO EXCITED about stuff that I have to get it out before I forget.  I'm that blah blah blah girlfriend...you know, the one you wanna kill but love way to much:)  That's ME!

What do you love about yourself?
Scream it from the rooftops, girl!
It's your day...
It's Love Yourself Day!

null
linkin' it up at

6 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

You are AWESOME!! Happy Valentines Day!!!

Manda Jane said...

We all love you too! Great post! and Happy Valentines Day swappy!

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said...

Love ya, Nay!!!
Thanks so much for linking up!

Mamasita said...

Ok Miss Nay....
THIS.
IS.
PERFECTION!!!!
I TOTALLY needed to hear it... I think all women need to remember what TRUUUUEEEE treasures they ARE! Inside, Outside and everywhere in between! We are all made to be uniquely ourselves!
THIS JUST IN: you and I need to sing together!!!!
I love singing!!!!!! Music is such an important part of who I am!! I am singing in church in a few weeks for Lent, and we are studying healing.... I am truly excited to let loose and give it all up! :)
Much love sweetest thing,
Maggie
xo

Pidg said...

That's totally weird cuz I Love you too! Happy heart's day Wondermous Nay!

Kathy Schneider said...

Good for you!! Happy Valentine's Day.