Friday, March 2, 2012

cocoa? coffee? oj? yup, it's the hormonal edition...

 
Source: pastrypal.com via Renee on Pinterest

Hi sugar pies,
How can I tell you how happy this week is OVER!  I have been an emotional mess.  That wretched old woman!  You know her, remember? My dear mean ole Aunt Flo...well, this month's visit has been a doozy!  One minute, happy happy joy joy....and the next, weepy willows.  Jeesh!

Oh, I almost forgot I made you some hot cocoa this morning (!)  I hope you like it. I asked how many marshmallows you would want yesterday when we talked {remember?} - some of you wanted one or two (what!) and then one funny chica wanted 406,000!  So I thought that huge marshmallow up there was a nice compromise:)

I also have orange juice, coffee & croissants, if you want.  Just like my mood this week - sweet, strong, tangy, and kinda fluffy.

I want to tell you what's going on with me.  Emotionally, I'm a wreck!  I haven't cried - but I have had that yucky lump in my throat.  I haven't laughed out loud - but I have giggled a few times.  I haven't been me, really.  My posts have been kind of weird this week, too.  Highs and lows all week and I hate it!  This hormonal week is almost over - I was at the top of the roller coaster yesterday, so thankfully the ride is almost over.


You know how you sometimes just want someone to come behind you and just wrap their arms around you...whispering, "this too shall pass"?  That's what I've wanted.  I have had that in a virtual way.  I've received sweet emails and comments from my friends (you) and it has made a nice difference:)

But this morning, I feel released.  I can breathe a little better, maybe not at the big smiling stage yet, but it's getting there.
It's getting there because it's going to be the weekend soon.  That perfect time where it's just me, the hubby, and the kids.  We're thinking of heading to Santa Monica or Malibu on Saturday...take a walk along the beach, maybe a little beach picnic while the kids play in the sand.  My little piece of perfection and relaxation and I'll really be able to...

So have you had enough of me just talking?  I know, I know.  I do it all the time- you never even get a word in and now we have to go...
I do hope you have a wonderful Friday and rest of the weekend.  Let me know how you are.  Tell me if you need anything.
Because as you always listen to me, I'm there to listen to you.
Blessings and joy to you, loveys!
null
Want a "not so hormonal" coffee chat?
How about just another pour for that coffee (or another marshmallow)?
Stop and chill at these chickees' places:

10 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

Thanks for the cocoa. I'm hormonal too, but over here that just means bad attitude and smart mouth.
Hope you have a great time this weekend no matter what you do!

Fallon said...

I am so over being hormonal. There was this one day, when my MIL was making fun of me, (since she has menopaused) and I was actually jealous.. YES JEALOUS OF MENOPAUSE. Why? Because she is done with all the junk that comes along with being a woman. Because she has this nice little "happy" pills that come in an orange bottle that make her level.
Then I realize that means Id be olderish. Not so jealous anymore! ;)

Amanda @ Raising Miss Mommy said...

Love this post! I've been hormonal too lately, my body is still out of whack from having our daughter. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

rororoyourboat710 said...

Paragard = no aunt flo = no pms. Downside, also equals no baby.

Manda Jane said...

oh, it must be one of those weeks for all of us! I've been so grumpy and on edge and emotional all week. I'm ready to put it all behind me and start over fresh!

Beth said...

I've had the EXACT SAME WEEK. Except that I lost it and sent a weepy hurt email to the guy I'm dating, and then had three cocktails with a friend. UGH. I'm glad it's passing, for all of us!
(and thanks for the cocoa)

Lani @ Its My Life said...

I feel you! This is the first month I've been off of the pill in years and I'm pretty much a basket case! Flustered, frustrated, anger for no reason and uncontrollably crying. We're gonna get better,

Ashley said...

I am always so hormonal that time of the month! It is terrible. I am glad you are feeling better today. :)

Alissa Circle said...

I'm so sorry you've had a rough week friend. Those kinds of days that turn into whole weeks can be so hard for our souls to manage. We've all been there and struggled with emotions that are out of our control. I'm praying that next week will be a better week.

Hannah Herman said...

Maybe i'm hormonal too... You should read my vent/post for today :S

Instead of coffee, tea, or cocoa, how about a big icy cup of Coke? Caffeine please.

hopping over from Alissa's coffee date:
www.groundedparenting.com