Friday, March 9, 2012

swirlin' the coffee and cream with you...

Source: tumblr.com via Renee on Pinterest

I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love getting iced coffee.  I think it's because that's what it looks like when you put the half-n-half in the coffee.  See the milky swirls in that darkness?  The way the coffee swings around the cream? Then you stir it altogether and voila! strong, creamy, sweet goodness.  Kinda like us, don'tcha think?
There are some of us that are the strong of the strongest coffees and when we meet up with a sweet creamy kinda friend, we're just better.  And the other way around, that sweet girlfriend of yours - give her some of your strong love and oh the places she'll go!

That's what I love about our Friday Coffee Dates {click on that, by the way, and you can link up your own!}.  I write this post pretty much every Friday and then you swirl in your comments...
BOOM!
Contentment on my part.  Your comments are my "lift-her-upper", my calm in the storm, my smile I didn't know I had in me....

Source: flickr.com via Renee on Pinterest

I know I always say this to you, but I mean it.
Thank You…For Being You.
This week has been pretty good.  I had some staff training using the Myer-Briggs program {developed by two women who researched and observed theories in regards to personality}on Monday and Tuesday.  My results didn't surprise me.  I'm a "extroverted, feeling, sensing, judge"-type of person.  In other words, I tend to:
*relate easily to the outer world of people and things.
*be interested in what the five senses show me - what exists in the present.
*base decisions on objective analysis and logic.
*like have things decided; life is likely to be planned and orderly.
Yup, that's me J
And I'm great with that.  What was really interesting, though, was that I am the complete opposite of most of my peers at work.  That explains a lot!

Then in the middle of the week, I got to hear an inspirational speaker who presented, "Empowering the New Woman".  That was so up my alley!  Loved it and I actually cried in certain parts {happy cry, I promise}.  I asked the speaker if I could write about her stuff on here.  So, I'll be talking about what I learned later:)
It's been a good week...I'm happy {and I know it - clap your hands!}...and I hope you had a great week, too.
How was yours?  Your week?  What's been going on?
I haven't had a chance to read any blogs this week {sad face}, but thankfully I have bloglovin' so I'll catch up this weekend! {Promise!}
Oh, before I forget!  I'll be on as a guest blogger at Through the Eyes of the Mrs. today!  Go "Check Me Out!!" :)  I was a little nervous about doing it, then after the nerves fell away, it was on {yeah, like Donkey Kong}.
I'm just hilarious today {not!}

Happy Friday My Lovelies!
nullps: Go to Alissa's blog to see her coffee date and lots of others!

9 comments:

Jess said...

this is such a sweet post. Thank you for sharing it... I love the iced coffee analogy. It's a good one :)

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for good weeks! I fell up a set of stairs at work this week, and have the bruises to show for it. I'm working really hard to remember to see the humor in that. If we were having a real coffee date, this is the part where we'd giggle ;)

Nay said...

Oh My Goodness "Anonymous"! Hope you're not too ache-y from that fall...and, yes, I'd def giggle it out with you!

Anonymous said...

can't believe you left out an important sunshine visit in the middle of the week!!! S-H-I-S-H! (and me, but i'm not that exciting.) it's okay 'cause I know Jodi trumped the memory of our visit ;) love u big sis

- 'lil C and shish

Mamasita said...

gEnIuS iced coffee analogy sweet girl! :) i can only drink iced coffee in the summer... the rest of the time it has to be hot!!! so wierd, i know! ;)
have you recovered from your incredible encounter with Jodi P. yet?? are you still howling?! i know i would be! :)
happy weekend sweets,
xoxo,
M.

Julie E said...

LOVE the coffee picture. And, I tagged you in Blog Tag.

http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-tag-okay.html

Brooke said...

Nay!
I love your coffee analogy :) Though I can't say I like cold coffee at all... I kept wondering why I hadn't seen your blog in a while and then I realized I didn't have you in Bloglovin! A crime! So you're in baby! and I think we need to make you a pretty matching bloglovin button to go with the others.

I'm glad you had a good week. I thought this week went by pretty quickly (which is good). Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kathy Schneider said...

What a great post. And thank you for writing the things you do. You are very inspirational. I always look forward to reading your posts.

Kristen said...

My stupid computer at work decided I was anonymous... I have no problems telling everyone how I fell up stairs! Have a great weekend, Nay!