Thursday, March 8, 2012

That Night I Howled...

Yes, I've done this.
I’ve howled.
And I'd do it again.

Now I should probably explain myself, right?
{I wouldn't want you to think I was crazy or something...well, not any more crazy than you already think! ha!}
Last night was THE best moment of my year!
{well, so far, anyway...}
Jodi Picoult
had a book signing at the
California Institute of Technology last night. 
My work place. 
Did you hear me?
My. Workplace. (!!!)
I met my favorite author - and I mean, really,
my fav-o-rite
I own pretty much every single book she has written. 
Her writing is inspiring. The words makes me cry, laugh out loud, gasp, sigh, yell....that's how strong of a writer she is.  She creates stories that the reader wants to leap into the book and live in.
Last night, I was able to hear her read from her new novel. {from the front row!}
and
I was lucky enough to howl for her.
Her new novel is
After reading and talking a little more about Lone Wolf, she asked for audience participation - before I knew it, my hand shot up in the air and I was on stage with her.  She made me the *Alpha Wolf* {how did she know that was so me?!}, taught me the howl, and I belted it out. 
No, really...
 I howled loud enough that real wolves were probably thinking one of their own was out there or something.
and
I was so very proud of myself. 
I let something out and it felt good!
Really good.
{especially since my voice didn't crack...thank goodness.}
It was a wonderful feeling to see someone I admire so much. 
I got to ask questions. 
I received a gift from her
{yes, she inspired me to get off my bum and write already - a gift in itself, but no....I actually got something for howling!}
It was an absolutely-wonderful-adrenaline-rush filled night. 
A night I'll never forget.
The night I met Jodi Picoult and I howled for her.
{Heck, if she'd asked me to do a bootie shake while I was on stage, I would have!}
null

8 comments:

Manda Jane said...

that is so awesome! what a fantastic experience and memory. I've never read any of her books, but you can bet I'm going to add one to my wishlist. What should i start with? xoxo

Pidg said...

This gave me the chills! {Oh and you look so pretty with your hair down} Okay, but I couldn't help but think how if I could have been with you I would have sat in the front row with you and then pushed you to volunteer cuz I'm the one who wouldn't have been able to do it but would have lived in 'your' moment! I'm so beyond excited for you!!!

P.S. I can see the word verification as I'm typing it reads: sourR redatud

You know what "I" read don't you? Hahahahahahaha!!

Mamasita said...

NOOOO WAAAYYYY!!!! Ok, this is just way to awesome!!!! :)
You HOWL girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Proud of you!
xxooxxoo,
Maggie

bonbon said...

YEA!!!!!!! That is so exciting! I can't imagine meeting one of my favorite authors, but I'm sure I'd just freeze up and stare at them like a retard and not know what to say!

Just foudn your blog today and I'm so glad I did. I absolutely love reading and I always love it when I can find other people who share the passion!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

Kenya G. Johnson said...

How cool!!!

Beth said...

YES! Back in college, whenever there was a full moon on a Friday, everyone gathered for fry bread and to howl at midnight. It is a GREAT way to let our frustration, fear, etc. And I'm so glad you met her! I have one of her books, and hear good things (and now I need to read that one asap). :)

Brooke said...

Nay that is so cool!

Elisha(: said...

Jodi sweetin?!