Monday, April 9, 2012

{#29} "Check Her Bloggy Out!!" {Simply Living}

Good Morning!
I'm back - relaxed, renewed, ready for a new week!  I missed you guys:)  I hope you had a wonderful week and Easter...
Happy Monday!
It's time for
My newest blogger-ette is
Shell
Her blog?
She is a very dear friend that I recently reconnected with on Facebook. 
We went to high school together and when I found out she had a blog...
well, you know me:)
I had to showcase her...
so without further delay - here she is!
You'll love her as much as I do!
And about me?!
hmmm...well, my name is Shell and I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter who I simply ADORE and a husband that I love a lot, too. My little one keeps me on my toes, but she's just amazing. I started writing several years ago and after several reincarnations, this is my latest blog. I've always been a city girl, but now live in the country, so I'm writing a lot about that. And just basically living a simpler life. But not all in the country is simple! I also love reading, fashion, coffee and animals of all sorts, so I've been known to go off on tangents on all of that as well. Ultimately, I'd love to publish a book of short stories, so this is a great way for me to write what's on my mind and get into the practice of writing. I also work, so I have a lot of things going on, which makes for a bit fewer blog posts these days, though I do try to write at least once a week. One of my jobs, though, is extra fun. I bake cupcakes on demand as a side business so creating new recipes is always a special treat! My daughter is a great helper and we have a ton of fun in the kitchen. Right now our favorite recipe is a lemon cupcake with blackberry buttercream frosting. The best part is the eggs we use from our free range chickens and that all of the ingredients I use are organic. Makes for extra delicious cupcakes!!
I have had many a'ha moments over the years...
One of the most powerful moments came when I stopped drinking. I had a wild and crazy time in my 20's and after turning 30, I gave up drinking once and for all. So at times, I will write about my sobriety and how amazing it is to live a sober life. But not all I write about is joyful and happy. I write openly and honestly and try not to sugar coat things. What you see is what you get, and I hope you'll stop by and give me a chance! I bet you'll like what you see!!
 Did she leave you wanting more?
Please send her some "welcome newbie blogger" love and
visit her at
or "like" her on

Talk to you soon!
null

No comments: