Wednesday, April 11, 2012

a tiny secret for you

Source: etsy.com via Renee on Pinterest

Dear You,
I wanted to let you in on a little secret.
It's something you probably won't learn until you are a lot older and have had some life experience under your belt. I hope you'll "get" what I want to say to you.

You know how you think that boy is just "it" but he won't pay you any attention?
How about when you feel like if this "one thing" doesn't happen it'll be the end of everything you know?
And that test you just failed or the homework assignment you forgot about?
Or what about that girlfriend of yours you tell everything to and she just told everyone about "everything"?
You feel like it's the end of the world as you know it, right?

I know you don't want to hear this, but...
it's not the end of the world.
There will be a light at the end of that dark, desolate tunnel you think you are in.

You don't think you're skinny enough?
Your parents won't buy you that pair of jeans everyone's wearing?
You don't want to do "that" with him?

It's okay.

Right now
it feels like you'll never be good enough
or
if you just let him do "that", he'll love you more
or
she's not eating at lunch or dinner and she's okay...why can't you?

Why?
Because you have to do what is best for you!
Nobody else matters.
Trust me.
No, really.

This too shall pass...
and it does.
I promise.

♥,
Me

Now that is a letter I should have read to myself when I was in that age of doubt.
I didn't even know half of that stuff when I was younger.
But now I do {thank goodness}and I can write it out, share it....
Photobucket 
Take the pledge here.
Remember being that age?
Well, I'm sending love to that girl you were back then
and the fabulous woman you are now.
{smiles}

null
also, linking up with Ms. Nat @


4 comments:

Samantha said...

Powerful and inspiring words. Thank you for that!! Glad you linked up! :)

~Samantha
www.thepeanutsgang.com

Kristen said...

my 14 year old self is wondering where you have been all my life, and why you couldn't be there to tell her all of that, and convince her that the girl she thought was her best friend really wasn't. I say thanks for the reminders of things that sometimes, even almost 27 year olds tend to forget. You rock.

Fallon said...

Oh my gosh, I remember every feeling that you just brought up. You saw him holding hands with another girl... end of the world. She wore the same shirt as you today... end of the world. You hit 100 lbs... end of the world. You kissed him, and he told the whole locker room you were easy... definately end of the world. Whats so funny, is that all these things are distant memories, that my husband and I laugh at now. It wasnt the end of the world, You will always make it through. Chances are, at that 10 year hs reunion, no one will remember the things that you still do. ( I will let you know how that works out when we head to my husbands 10 yr. next year! LOL!)
I just wish girls would actually listen to us "old people" and believe us, when we say, It will all be ok! :)

Natassia Butler said...

So perfectly said!! You are so inspiring and always know what to say and how to say it! I wish I had heard this growing up too! What an awesome thing to be a part of!!
xoxo