Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I love this place.

Source: etsy.com via Amy on Pinterest

I have this blog, right?
Actually, I have this place where I write.
It’s a place that people can read what is going on in my head.
It’s a place where I try not to censor myself.
It’s where I can be myself and not worry (too much) about who I may offend.
This place is where I can talk about my past, present, and future without being fearful of what they will say.
I like to talk about what I can’t say out loud.
I like to think that this will be a place my kids will go to in the future -  a place where they will learn more about their mommy.
I’d also like to think that other women will come to (and continue visiting) this blog for
inspiration,
encouragement,
and empowerment.
I think it’s great to know that maybe one person, one woman, one girl may say,
“I’m not the only one!”
after reading this – my words.

I love this place I’ve made.

I remember how it all started.  I smile thinking how naive I was back then - just a year ago.
I thought that I’d be a book reviewer/blogger.  This blog would be a place I could combine my two first loves – reading and writing. 
I did do that in the beginning, but then something happened.
One love overpowered the other.
Writing.
I like the attention my writing gets.
{Does that sound weird?}
I like that there are people out in "www" who read my words.
It thrills me to no end that there are a couple of people out there that look forward to reading my blog posts.
Who would’ve known that this place, my blog(!), would be something I have to do.
I can’t imagine not having this other baby of mine,
"Cover to Cover…and Everything in Between",
in my life.
How did I fulfill this part of me before blogging?
I’m so happy I made the decision to create this place.

How do you feel about your blogging journey?
{or if you don’t blog, what have you loved in reading blogs?}
null

7 comments:

Kenya G. Johnson said...

I can't believe your blog isn't "older" - mine either for that matter. Is it just me or does a blogging year seem longer than a real one? Okay this is how much I love my blog journey.... I would give up COFFEE to continue writing it AND M&Ms! Well I don't need to go overboard, I don't need anyone to challenge me on that either. Let's the just say I'll keep writing, drinking coffee and eating M&Ms and all three of those loves know that I love them equally ;-) Now I will let you know if I get that bracelet. I clicked all the way to Pinterest to Etsy, saw how much it was and that two are available. I've put my wrist up to the screen to virtually try it on. It sure is pretty. The only thing that is stopping me is that I have to take off my bracelet and watch when I am on my laptop because they get in the way of me typing. That defeats the purpose :-( Okay I talked myself out of it.

Mamasita said...

My bloggy journey started out little... I would do small posts about Josie - she was SOOO little!!! I love looking back at them... slowly but surely I have climbed my bloggy mountain, reached out, met INCREDIBLE people, taken part in link-ups and grown as a blog author... it has been absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I wouldn't change a thing! :) I am absolutely content and seeing just one comment on a post makes my heart FLUTTER!
Love you Nay,
m.
xo

rororoyourboat710 said...

YOU MAKE ME WANNA START BLOGGING!!!

Kristen Seuberling said...

I love the connections that blogging brings. I never thought I'd find great friends (like you!) through blogging, I was just hoping to find people who "got" me. I feel so grateful that this opportunity to connect, share, learn, and grow exists!

Oh, and rororoyourboat710: Just do it. You won't be sorry that you did.

beth said...

oh my do i ever LOVE the bracelet you show here- and the saying: i write- so...so...US!

we each need one don't we?

hugs on a wednesday night to my friend Nay,
xo beth

Leilani @ Soleil Selene said...

I just started liking my blogging journey these past few weeks. I mean, I liked it at first, but totally got caught up in numbers, followers, pageviews, comments, etc. and quickly got burnt out. I'll be blogging on Soleil Selene for 2 years at the end of August and I'm just now falling in love with my blog. I started off doing lots of reviews/giveaways, and while I enjoy the free stuff, it's not really the direction I want my blog to go, at least not completely.

My favorite blogs are the ones that are just about every day life, have a sense of humor and beautiful pictures.

Loved this post, Nay!

Rosie said...

I loved reading this. I discovered your blog today and find your writing so interesting. I love that you have such an authentic voice. I love reading and writing too. I thought my blog would be about my crafts and maybe literature, but it keeps evolving and I like that. I also like that I post when I want and not at set times each week. I know it breaks blog rules, but it's my hobby...why do I need to conform? Anyhoo..I'm a new GFC follower. Look forward to reading more here.

Rosie
http://craftbotics.blogspot.com