Friday, May 25, 2012

last night at yoga...

Source: theberry.com via Renee on Pinterest
What if I just write?
How about if I write on this blank page and tell you what's been going on?
I'd like to tell you that this week has been eye-opening...
My insides have been so tightly wound up and I didn't even know it.
I've been putting myself down this week.
But something great happened last night.
I cried.
Yoga was finishing up. 
The instructor asked us to close our eyes and  to just breathe.
Touch our eyes,
touch our mouths,
breathe,
touch our hearts,
and tell ourselves that we are beautiful just the way we are.
Tears started rolling down my cheeks.
I felt a rush of love come through me...an emotional release that I desperately needed.
It was good.
I felt like I was breathing...correctly.
Making sure every tear that ran down my cheek was worth something.

I feel good.
I have my coffee next to me...I'm writing on my blog...I feel beautiful today...My kids gave me extra hugs and kisses this morning...My husband looked at me and smiled, that loving smile, that smile that says, "she's mine."
All is good in my world.

How are you?
Sometimes you just need to ask yourself that.  You need to let yourself go to that place where you don't want to.  Sometimes you need a good cry.  And sometimes you are the only one who can say,
"You're beautiful."
"You're awesome."
"You can do this."
Because, ultimately, at the end of the day, we really only listen to that voice in our head.
How about making sure that voice is positive and loving?

Have a blessed and happy Friday.
null
Would you like another cup of coffee?
Go see Alissa at Rags to Stitches and everyone else linking up for a "coffee date".

6 comments:

Mrs.Marie Lester said...

absolutely love this post! I'm sitting here with my coffee reading this right now :) I've been struggling up and down with my self image lately and I can never tell if it's getting better or easier or just staying the same but I'm definitely planning on doing my yoga now :) you have a blessed day beautiful soul!

Amy said...

Great post, and a great reminder for the positive affirmations. So often the negative thoughts we unconsciously say over and over start winning. Purging them and starting over with positivity is the way to go. Time for a purge for myself as well. :)

Kara said...

Love this post so much! Sometimes it's okay to just let it all out. I think too many people try to hide it. Good for you!

Kristen Seuberling said...

I love this side of you. Really, I do. I am so proud that I can walk with you on this journey, because I know that the woman who comes out on the other side will be even more extraordinary. I'm gad you cried in happiness, and that today has been a good day.

Mrs. White said...

Beautiful as always dear. It's always good to make sure you're giving yourself credit for the things you do on a daily basis. I know us, as women, tend not to do it enough. Focus only on what we could be doing better and not what we're doing right now that's already good. I'm glad you're in a good place!
<3

jackieb13 said...

Love it!!! Thank you <3