Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Mix Tape

"Upside Down" by Diana Ross
"PYT" by Michael Jackson
"Somebody" by Depeche Mode
"Speak to My Heart" by Donnie McClurkin
"Fruta Fresca" by Carlos Vives

"Papercut" by Linkin Park
"Fantasy" by Ludacris
"Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer
"Lost Without You" by Robin Thicke
"River Flows in You" by Yiruma

Every single one of these songs… well…
They take me back to an important time of my life.
These songs are from happy times, sometimes bad times…sometimes “what was I thinking?!" time…
But more than anything the songs
Remind me.
These are only the songs that if they are on the radio or I hear somewhere, I smile.
I smile because I got through that part of my life
Or
They remind me of people
Or
They remind me of who I was…am…and will be.
Music does that to me.
What would be on your mix tape?
null

Mom2MemphisandRuby

6 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

Love these songs! I feel like I know you better!! I'm going to be singing upside down all day!!

Emily Hope said...

I wanted to use that Ludacris song so badly but I went with Nelly. I love(d) Ludacris - SO MUCH.

Mamasita said...

I would TOTALLY jam to your mixed tape with you!!!! Even go on a road trip :)
Love you!
xo

Veronica and Daniel said...

Great songs! You are so right about hearing a song and suddenly having a memory or a certain feeling. Usually good, but sometimes not :) Happy Tuesday!

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said...

your mix tape is the best! thanks for linking up, sweetie!

Kristen Seuberling said...

"Your Body is a Wonderland" is such a fantastic song. Reminds me of college, and singing it at the top of our lungs over and over.

It's interesting how music can be so integrated with our everyday lives. Really powerful stuff, that music.