Friday, June 29, 2012

Better? Check.

Friday?  Check.
Good Attitude?  Check.
Let the curls happen?  Check.
Tea instead of coffee?  Weird, but okay...check.

Hello My Loveys!
I woke up this morning and am thrilled that I have another day to be here.
I am currently brainwashing myself to "choose [my own brand of] joy" because as I told you yesterday:
I. Am. Done. with the slumpy attitude I had this week!

Yesterday was a much better day and something amazing happened:)
I was sitting in my cubicle working away when
BAM!
I got the best idea for a book.
I furiously grabbed a post-it pad and wrote out every single word before I forgot them.  It started with just a thought. Three post-its later and I had the premise of a good story.
I'm excited. Very. Excited.

Last night after the kids went to bed, I took those post-its to the dining room table and wrote them out in a notebook.  Those three post-its developed into a page and a half of writing.
!

I'm happy when I write.  I never thought about it before.  I was texting with Nichole last night and she said that was probably why I was down this week.  I hadn't had a chance to write a blog post (let alone breathe at work) until Wednesday and boy, was I in a fowl mood.
{Thanks for enlightening me, N!}

Dude!  I forgot to give you something to drink again!  But, you're so cool, you probably have a cup of something in front of you.  Can I show you, though, what I got to drink at lunch yesterday?!
My very first EVER fancy shmancy designed capuccino! 
Isn't it darling?  I've been wanting to drink one of these
for-e-ver
:)
I had it at this new eatery in Pasadena called Abricott.
I think they went into my dreams and took my idea for the dream restaurant I'd have.
I need to dedicate a post to it SOON.
A must try if you are ever in the area.
{It's a french-chinese fusion kind of place...really neat!}

So, it's Friday.  It's getting better in my little world.  And?
I love love love you guys tons!

'til our next little caffeine-induced chat...
null
More?
Go to Alissa's...she always has the right cup for, well...anything!

8 comments:

Mamasita said...

Lovely,
I have MISSED YOUUUUU!
I, like you... feel a huge weight off of my shoulders when I can sit down and let 'er rip! write, blog, whatever i need to do!
It's empowering :)
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE!!!!
happy weekend my dahling..
xoxoxoxo

Courtney said...

I feel better when I write too. And please, can I have that coffee? I neeeeeed it!

Beth said...

YAY! Congrats on having a muse drive-by! That's awesome, and I hope you get some peace to pound that story out. :D

rororoyourboat710 said...

So happy for u!

Alissa Circle said...

Love you and miss you!!! Love that you're scribbling notes for your book. Can't wait to hear more. xoxo

Pidg said...

I am so, so, so happy you're doing better sweets! I've been in a slump myself, mainly self-induced denial but you always pick me up! Loves to ya!

Reannah @ {Shaped by Grace} said...

Yay! So glad you're feeling better! Writing is so cathartic! I can't wait to hear more about your book. I always have a little notebook where I can jot down ideas - otherwise I never remember them! :)

Kristen Seuberling said...

So glad things are looking up! And I'm very glad you found some writing inspiration, can't wait to see what comes out of it!