Thursday, June 28, 2012

I have superpowers.

The last couple of days I have been beating myself up.  The "I'm not good enough" thoughts were invading my brain.  I felt like I needed something or someone to get me out of it.
I did my usual to block it out:
more coffee
chocolate
not looking in the mirror
complaining
It was so stupid!
Yes, we all have bad days.  I understand that.  I'm just so over it already.
Sometimes I don't need anyone to tell me if I'm good or not.
I need to give myself a swift kick in the butt and say,
"You are enough.  You went through hell, but it's time to get over it already.  It's getting annoying. What happened to all the 'choose joy' stuff, huh?  Start practicing what you preach.  Jeez!"
Right?

You know what else?
I saw some t-shirts on-line this morning that said,
"I make milk.  What's your superpower?"
and
"I grow people.  What's your superpower?"

 
That's right.
I have superpowers.
I had forgotten!
I do those things and so much more.
So. Much. More!

I just have to remember that I do.
I also discovered what my krptonite is...my biggest enemy.
You know, that stupid little voice that doesn't mean anything.
The Enemy.
That Jerk.
You know who I'm talking about, right?

Just when I was feeling pretty darn wonderful last week -
Mr. Oh-No-I-Don't-Think-So came by to make sure I wasn't happy.

I have a message for you, Satan.
You may be able to weaken me once in a while, but guess what? 

So there!
{blowing raspberries}
null

4 comments:

rororoyourboat710 said...

i'm so sorry that you were feeling so down. I was selfish to call and ask you questions about rentals last night. you were so awesome and didn't make me feel like shit for asking you...you were being a friend... a good friend... and helped me, even though you weren't 100%... i love you for that. and thank you.

Kenya G. Johnson said...

My mom and I call those guys, "little smokey" or "smokebutt". They pop up out of nowhere injecting bad moods and bad moves. As long as we know its not really US and its them next time you feel smokebutt blowing in tell him to go to hell. ;-)

Kristen Seuberling said...

Is this why there's been less texting lately? Girl, you know I'll bust that kryptonite in half! You just call or text, we'll fix all that up. You know I think you're the best!

Heidi said...

found your blog through Carina's... thank you for this post! I have been having a "poor me" month or so, but it's got to stop. Thanks for the good reminder and today I'm choosing to be thankful.