Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm on it!

Source: etsy.com via Renee on Pinterest
I've decided...
I've thought this through...
I will no longer
hold back on how I feel.
try to be something that I'm not.
try to prove to others that I'm good.
make others proud of me.
try to please others to make them like me.
hold back I'm-frustrated-type tears or out-loud-in-your-face-kind of laughter.
wonder who is my enemy or why.
I vow to
put myself first and foremost.
pray before I leap into something.
think before I speak.
love long and hard.
say something nice to myself about myself everytime I put myself down.
treat my body as the glorious temple it is.
build a foundation within me where I put myself on a pedestal because no one else is going to if I don't.

You know what else I've decided?
I will do this for you.
I will remind you that everyday is a journey.
It really doesn't matter where you end up because you need to make sure you are doing YOU right.
You are important.
You need to give yourself "props", that imaginary pat on the back.
You need to do that all the time because you deserve it.
I deserve it.
I’ve decided
I'm going to be your annoying friend who will try to inspire you
encourage you
empower you
to be everything I know you can be.

Let's do this - let's not hold ourselves back.

What do you think of them apples?
J
null

6 comments:

LD Masterson said...

Nice,

Manda Jane said...

I say lets do it! I need all those things in my life right now - and an awesome friend to encourage me!

Amanda said...

Love! I'm bad about those hurt my face 'cause I'm laughing to hard...oh wait that was awkward... kind of laughs. But hey - I'm not going to hold them back!

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said...

You go, girl! <3

Helen said...

Love this! I'm not going to hold back who I am.

Kristen Seuberling said...

I sarted cheering and waving my arms around when I read this. Because you realize you just gave me permission to do the same for you, right??? RIGHT?!?!