Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Still Choosing Joy :D

Hi,
Yes! Two posts in one morning.
What are the chances!?
So you know how I went to Elevate on Saturday?
And
you know how I just had a blast meeting a bunch of bloggers?
And
you know how I've been working on Choosing Joy for myself?

Well,
guess who was one of the speakers at Elevate?
Ashley Hackshaw
from
1.
She was a remarkable, moving, and inspirational speaker.  She was the kind of person you could listen to for hours - someone who is so down-to-earth and had me laughing one minute and then crying the next.  In other words, my fave!
But this isn't what I meant to tell you...let me get back on track.
So,
2.
Ashley has been through the ringer, so to speak - but, of course, because she is darn awesome - she has rised above it all.
How?
By using this one daily mantra for herself
CHOOSE JOY
I know, right?!
Choose Joy!
Read this post all about her mantra...campaign...her journey.

Her talk at Elevate moved me.
It made me think about what my blogging journey is....
Actually what my life journey is...

"What is it that you really want, Nay?"
That's what's on my mind now.
And you know what?
I'm really excited to find out what the answer(s) to my question will be.
AND
Because you know I take you with me on all this...
Now I want You to ask Yourself:
"What is it YOU really want?"

null

6 comments:

Nat said...

Nay, it was so great to meet you! I had so much fun on Saturday and was equally inspired by all of the speakers. I'm especially thinking about my blog voice and what I want it to be before it's decided for me. I'm in the process of making big changes because of it- it's throwing me for a loop, but it's going to be a fun ride, that's for sure. I loved putting a human aspect into blogging- that's my favorite thing about Elevate! Hugs!

Mamasita said...

Nay!!!
I have missed you so much! Took a little bit of a long weekend, and am back and at it! :)
Your positivity (is that a word?) is just what this mama needed! :)
My goal each morning is to wake up, step my feet down on the ground and BE THANKFUL for that day and all of the wonderful things that can happen!
As my mama would say "Gotta fill that cup half FULL maggie!" So that's my goal!
Choosing JOY is also something I think and do wonders!!!!!!!!!!! We are all so blessed and so capable of miraculous things... just gotta take that JOY path and find them!
LOVE YOU!
~Maggie

ms.composure said...

Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! New Follower via email :-)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Jamie, Janae, Julianna said...

Thanks for sharing! Honestly my morning hasn't gone exactly as planned haha, when does it ever right? But this was perfect, I really needed that pick me up:)
-JA
The Letter 4

Kristen Seuberling said...

Love =). Glad you found another friend who is choosing joy.

Reannah @ {Shaped by Grace} said...

Love it! I can't wait to read all the Elevate updates! I got chills just reading your post remembering the experience. xoxo Amazing. Can't wait to connect soon with you, my friend. Have a great week! :)