Monday, July 16, 2012

This is How SHE Does It: Summer Stylin'

Welcome to my week-long series: 
I asked 5 fabulous bloggers to post about what I thought was their expertise this week.

So to start off the week, please give a warm welcome to the blogger I think of when I think of style...
When I'm wondering what to wear in the morning, I often think of her and say to myself that Beth would do it - then I can to...

Have a wonderful Monday, lovelies...
and enjoy today's installment
Summer Stylin'
xoxo
~ Nay ~
♥♥♥♥


We all need to feel great in the summer time.
I will always have my struggles with dressing my body but...
I rely on several items that make me feel amazing no matter what.
They look great always and guarantee to put a smile on my face.
 Every girl needs a good pair of heels that match with a lot of different things.
Added a bit of height even when wearing jeans makes you feel instantly sexy.
 The Maxi dress is perfect for every body shape and can be dressed up or down.
Make sure it's made of cotton and it won't cling to your problem areas.
 Having the confidence to try out something new and take baby steps.
If half of your closet is grey... buy more color and step out of your comfort zone. 
 Belts can make a huge difference in defining your waist.
Start building your collection by shopping second hand and belting your tanks and tees.
If your hips are a problem area dresses are comfortable and affordable.
Make sure you try out lots of patterns and colors.
Even on the worst kind of day something pretty always makes me feel great.
Add a little mascara and even if you are in a plain tee you will feel better.
A line skirts that are light will keep you cool and looking good.
Patterns are best and stay away from anything made of Lycra it just doesn't work.
Pay attention to what styles work best on you and be honest with yourself even if it hurts sometimes. Every body type is different. I've wanted for certain fashions to work on me so badly that I've tried on dozens of brands and each time left without anything but never be afraid to try. Learn to dress your body type. Clothing should always be fun especially in the summer time so if you want to jump on the neon thing just do it and always wear it with confidence!

Blog, Shop, Facebook, Twitter

4 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

I love Beth's style too! And these are great tips. Tha is to you both! Two of my favorite bloggers in one spot? Score!

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said...

LOVE Beth... she's the cutest! You guys make a great team! ;)
xoxo

Kristen Seuberling said...

What a fun post! I agree with everything Beth just said, even though I never would have thought to put together such an awesome post full of pretty clothes... which you know, since most of my "outfit" posts are hot messes, haha!

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. said...

You all just made my night, way to sweet. Thank you for having Nay...love you to pieces!