Friday, July 20, 2012

This is How SHE Does It: Woman of Faith

Hi Loveys,
I have to end this little series,
,
with the woman who inspires me to write every Friday for our coffee dates.
Alissa is so full of life and her smile reminds me that she has a huge believing heart.
What I love about her is that she's genuine - what you see is what you get...
I asked her to end this week with words on Faith.
Take it away, Alissa, for

Woman of Faith

To all of you who stuck around this week:
Thank you!
I'll be back Monday full-force!
xoxo,
~ Nay ~
ps:  Did you miss some of the posts this week?  Not to worry.  Nay to the rescue! (See this, this, this, and this post!)
♥♥♥♥

Hi friends, my name is Alissa and I have blog over at Rags to Stitches. I'm so excited to be here sharing with you today. Although, I feel completely unworthy to be even remotely sharing with you how to live a faith-filled life. I'm not really sure that I'm the expert on this, but I'm praying that as I write God will put the right words down on this virtual journal and that your hearts might leave here today feeling a little more encouraged.
I'm a wife of one amazing man, a mommy to two littles, and I'm a full-time work-at-home mommy. When I say that, I mean that on top of the wonderful time I get to spend building a community with people online, I spend most of my days chasing after my kids, picking up toys, doing dishes, feeding children (seriously, why are they always hungry or thirsty? haha), doing laundry, and being all that I can to everyone else in my home. I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm talking about. Even if you don't have kiddos yet, you probably work full-time outside of your home, come home, and do many of the things I listed above and then fall into your bed at night and wonder where your whole day went.
For a long time I felt as though I was ending my day on this exhausted note where I was both physically and emotionally drained. It got to the point where I felt overwhelmed by the day to day tasks and by the time my husband walked in the door from work I just wanted to crawl in a closet somewhere and be left alone. What I realized was a key element was missing from my day. And the more days it was missing the farther into this rut I fell.
See being a woman of faith is more than just praying here and there and attending church on Sundays. It needs to be a priority in your life. When I began starting and ending my day with my Heavenly Father I began to notice a huge difference in my day.
I wasn't so emotionally drained.
My heart was encouraged.
In turn I became a better wife and mom and my relationship with my husband changed for the better.
I know you're probably wondering how you fit one more thing on your plate, but let me tell you Jesus will lighten your daily load.
I thought I'd let you in on a few secrets of my day.
Start your day in prayer, asking God to help you make a difference in someone else's life.
Get into the Word. It doesn't need to be an in-depth Bible Study, just something that get's you thinking about ways you can allow God to transform your life. Check out She Reads Truth, they've got some great Bible studies going on.
When you jump on the phone with a friend, ask them what God's doing in their lives. There's nothing that get's me more excited about God then hearing what he's doing in other peoples lives.
Talk to God throughout the day.
Pray with your husband and kids at night before bed. Thank God for all the little blessings from your day.
Trust me when I say that I'm not perfect and no, I don't do this everyday, but I will tell you that there's a difference in my heart when I do.
I'd love to hear about you. How do you bring God into your daily life?

No comments: