Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bloggy Friendships {Yeung Mother Hubbard}

Hi there, my name is Nichole and I blog over at Yeung Mother Hubbard.  I am super excited to be hanging out with you all today!  Nay is one of my bloggy bffs and an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G person.  I am truly honored to be guest posting here today.


I know that everyone has gone through this feeling or maybe still is feeling this way, so I wanted to share my experiences.  Blogging friendships... they are kinda like a cool kids clique in HS, yes?!?! Well, that is how I felt about them anyway.  I would post... and post... and didn't feel like I ever connected with anyone.  I didn't have any blog friends, I didn't even know if anyone even cared about what I was posting.  I almost threw in the towel because I was tired of being liked... or not... for that matter.

Instead of throwing in the towel... I started visiting others blogs and commenting on their posts and guess what happened?  They started commenting back... and then a whole conversation started... and then I had made a new friend!  Awesomeness!  If someone comments on your post respond back.  They took the time to comment, take the time to thank them!  And if you are commenting, please don't be a no reply blogger!  I didn't know that I was a no reply blogger until Nay told me and showed me how to fix it!  Do you know if you are a no reply blogger?  Ask Nay, she will set you straight!  {wink}

Summer, Me, Reannah, Jen
Earlier this year Summer called me and asked if I wanted to help her and Jen plan a blogging conference... Elevate to be exact.  I was really excited that they had asked me so of course I accepted!!  I was already planning on attending, so it was perfect... except that I didn't know anyone in bloggy land.  BUT that all changed once I started emailing back and forth with the lovely ladies that donated to the event as well as the attendees.  By the time Elevate had actually arrived I had new bloggy friends that I couldn't wait to meet!

Elevate Blog Conference
Have you attended a blog conference yet?  No?!?!  Go!!!! and make new friends!  It doesn't matter how "small" you think your blog is just go and meet new people, learn new things, and have fun!  Remember everyone is nervous just be yourself and say hi!  I know that is hard!  TRUST me I KNOW!  If you ever see me at a conference, come and hang out with me!

I would love it if you stopped by and said hi sometime!

Thanks for having me on your blog today Nay!  Love you girl!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Leilani @ Soleil Selene said...

Great post! I'll be attending my first conference in March. I'm so excited. So far, I don't really know anyone going, but I'm honestly just excited to meet people and to visit Dallas, TX. I did go to Creative Estates last March, but that wasn't really a conference. But I did get to meet some new people and make new bloggy friends.

Allison Barrett said...

Hi Nichole!
New follower here from Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles. Loving your blog!

xo,
Allison
http://barretts1234.blogspot.com/