Friday, August 10, 2012

Coffee, Blessings, and...Happy Surprises:)


image found somewhere on google a long time ago
and then I picmonkey'd the heck out it...you like?

Oh My Goodness...where has the morning gone?!
I have been running from meeting to meeting like a crazy woman...

A sweet & wonderful thing happened when I finally got to my desk, though.
{smiling really really wide}

My best friend at work left me a gift!!!
She left in a little bag...
her
{are you ready for this?}

Kindle!!!!

She just bought a new one and gifted me her old one...just because!
Yes, I was floored!
Yes, I'm excited!
{Yes, I've had way too many cups of coffee!}

So if we were having coffee today...

I would hope you already owned one so that you could teach me how to use it.
I would probably tell you what a blessing friends are.
I would tell you that it is not in the budget to have luxuries like this.
I would tell you that a while ago, my hubby and I never had to worry about those things.
I would tell you that in the past, if I wanted something, I would just buy it.
I would tell you that with the housing crisis (and the state of what the world went through and is going through), my little family was one of the casualties.
I would tell you that it made us stronger as a family.
I would tell you that we don't take things for granted anymore.
I would tell you that it is humbling.

So when things like this happen, I pray.
I pray for the blessings He has given us.
I pray for everything that has happened and for what He protected us from that we didn't even know about.
I pray for my bff at work...

I know she has been going through a lot recently but that God is blessing her everyday.  Her giving heart, her soothing smile, her warm embraces, her listening spirit....that's what I pray will never go away in her even with everything going on.

: )

Is your coffee getting cold?
Go warm it up at Alissa's, k?

I wish you a "good surprise"-kinda day
Happy Friday!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy reading!!!!

CHE said...

It is a blessing to have understanding and supportive friends. Especially times like this when we are all struggling in one way or the other. Wish you good times with your Kindle :)

RadiantKristen said...

What an awesome surprise! And honestly, while I'm sad that you were a casualty of the housing crisis/recession, I am amazed at the women who has risen out of it, and your determination to make the best of what you have. You take the down times, and allow them to make you better. That is a gift in and of itself.

RadiantKristen said...

What an awesome surprise! And honestly, while I'm sad that you were a casualty of the housing crisis/recession, I am amazed at the women who has risen out of it, and your determination to make the best of what you have. You take the down times, and allow them to make you better. That is a gift in and of itself.

Beth Wade said...

Congrats! Enjoy it. :D

Ashley said...

Yeah for kindles!! I hope you love it. :)

Ashley said...

Yeah for kindles!! I hope you love it. :)