Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Going way back...

Back in the day...
Which for me was the early 90s or so
I was obsessed with making mixed tapes.

For you young'ns out there...there used to be these things called cassette tapes.
You could record music onto them.
There were two sides, so when the last song on Side A would finish, you would have to eject the cassette and turn it over for more music.
I know...wow, right?

But anyway, I just made a mix tape to what I would've have listened to during the summer in my early 20s.
Yes, it was a long time ago...

I would have had this on full blast in my room,
probably dancing and jumping on the bed and singing at the top of my lungs.
Or it would have been the tape I would pop in the car on the way to a party.
Brings back a lot of memories...a lot of them fun!

Enjoy!
Side A
1.  Back to Life - Soul II Soul
2.  Tennessee - Arrested Development
3.  Let's Hear It for the Boy - Deniece Williams
4.  Good Vibrations - Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
5.  Summertime - Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff
6.  This is How We Do It - Montell Jordan

Side B
7.  Poison - Bel Biv Devoe
8.  I Want Her - Keith Sweat
9.  Too Close - Next
10.  More than a Woman - Aaliyah
11.  Real Love - Mary J. Blige
12.  Baby, Baby, Baby - TLC

What would've been on your mix tape back in the day?
Photobucket
I'm linking up at

3 comments:

Natalie Blair said...

omg! I remember all of these songs! Great mix!

thanks for linking up with us :)

xoxo

Erin O'Riordan said...

Every time I hear "I Want Her" by Keith Sweat, I remember the time when I was a sophomore in high school and I went to my great-uncle's funeral. This was in 1992, so the song was already an oldie, and it just kind of came on the radio randomly when we were on our way from the gravesite to the family get-together.

Sorry for the mile-long comment, but I remember this day in great detail, very specifically, because it was also election day and it was the day Bill Clinton was first elected president. I went with my mom to the polling place, and after she voted, we went to the video store and rented Beauty and the Beast.

When we got home, my dad was trying to catch a squirrel that got in the basement. The squirrel ran head-first into the brick chimney and died. Yes, this is what I think of EVERY TIME I hear "I Want Her." Keith Sweat = funeral = Clinton = dead squirrel; that's how my mind works.

RadiantKristen said...

You just made me grin! I love "Let's Hear it for the Boy". Such a fun song, totally one to jump on your bed to.