Friday, August 3, 2012

Guest Blogger Alert! Say Hi to Heidi:)

This week is all about introducing you to new bloggers...can you tell?
I have the pleasure of having you meet Heidi this time!
{She's a list-maker like me!  How cool is that?!}
Read on and give her some bloggity-blog love like only you know how...
Happy Friday - I'll blog at ya later!
Photobucket Hello! I'm Heidi and I blog over at Taking the Plunge.

 

Although I started blogging in January 2011 I hadn't really put myself out there. It has just been recently that I've started to make friends in this blogging community. I was so honoured (yes, us Canadians put a u in there) when Nay asked me to do a guest post!

One thing to know about me is that I love lists! So here is a short list of "facts" about Heidi
  • I am a youth pastor's wife. I never wanted to be a pastor's wife so I didn't marry a pastor. Instead I married a tattooed, pierced, former bad boy who could never be a pastor because he didn't have the "right look", right? house painter... who then became a pastor five years into our marriage! It's actually turned out okay though. Generally when God calls you to do something you're generally better off following His direction. (ever heard the story of Jonah?)

  • I have two tattoos, one on my thigh, the other on my wrist.
My first tattoo

Got this one in Spain, my husband, brother-in-law and sister-in-law all have the same one

  • I am petrified of spiders, like seriously freaking out, hurt-myself-in-the-attempt-to-get-away-from-them scared. My son just bought a remote control tarantula. I may need therapy.

  • I LOVE to read! When I was in Grade 6 my teacher had a floor to ceiling chart where we recorded how many pages of books we read. Once you had finished a book you wrote a book report and included the number of pages in the book. Her chart went to 10,000 pages. The second place reader had 5,000 pages. I read to 23,000 pages that year. (she had to start a separate chart just for me)
  • Now that I have two small boys, work full-time and blog I don't have as much time for reading as I did when I was younger but both my boys love to "read".

  • My husband and I fostered a teenage boy for over a year. It was both easier and harder than I expected. God directly placed this young man in our home and although it didn't end in the way we would have chosen we know that God's hand is in this young man's life.

  • I did not freak out when I turned 30, I really enjoyed my 30th birthday and can truthfully say that I am loving my 30th decade (just celebrated 31!) My 25th birthday was a different story...

  • I have a crazy amount of aunts, uncles and cousins on my Dad's side. As in my Dad has 16 brothers and sisters. They are all married and have kids except for one aunt. When I was little and my grandparents were still alive we would hold family gatherings in a church close to my grandparent's place (because there was no way someone's house could hold all these people!)
  • My husband does about 80% of the cooking in our house. We both enjoy this arrangement.
  • I have cleaned all three bathrooms in my house, every Tuesday night for the past four weeks. This is a big deal for me because consistent housework is not my strength!

I blog about my life, faith and my family. Athough I do sometimes post some serious stuff I generally like to keep it light and I'd like to think I can be funny. I'd really enjoy meeting some other new bloggers too!

Thanks Nay for letting me share with you guys.

3 comments:

DMS said...

I have never been to Heidi's blog- but I enjoyed learning more about her. I like lists, too. Also- I love that she read so much in 6th grade that the teacher had to start a new chart. Cool!

~Jess

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

great post! I don't think I knew your hubby was a pastor. Learn something new everyday and all that...=)
30 didn't phase me either. But having a 10 year old next week-that does. Oh well.

RadiantKristen said...

Heidi seems amazing! You always know all of the cool, list-making kids, Nay!