Wednesday, September 5, 2012

appreciation on a wednesday.


I tend to complain...
Also...I worry about what I think I need.
And...wish for things I don't have.

I don't take the time to appreciate what I do have.

I need to start appreciating.
Appreciating that I wake up every morning.
Appreciating that I have two beautiful, healthy children.
Appreciating that I have a husband I am in love with and can still laugh with.
Appreciating that I have a job when so many others struggle to find work.
Appreciating that I have the resources to go back to college
and that I have support at home to fulfill my dream.

What do I have to complain about?
That I think I don't have enough time to do it all?
Maybe it's time to make sure I have the time and just do it.

Why do I need to worry or wish?
How about just being happy?
How about just knowing that what I have is enough?

Good idea...I'll go with that.

If you stopped for a minute and just thought about what you are truly grateful for...
what would you start appreciating?
 

2 comments:

Nora Spaulding said...

great post thanks for making me stop and appreciate as well :)
much love
nora @ two is better than one
www.twoisbetter.net

RadiantKristen said...

I definitely need to take this to heart each day. Thank you for the sweet reminder!