Friday, September 7, 2012

Some coffee talkin' - just you and me...


Coffee
Blueberry Muffins right out of the oven
My Jason Mraz Pandora station
No bumps in the routine
Catching up with office stuff without interruptions
Going to English class and having a good professor
An out-of-the-blue hug, kiss, or “I love you mommy” from my kids
Text messages from my hubby
Being on the phone with my BFF
Reading blog posts before going to sleep


Just a few of my favorite things...
 
If we were having coffee today and we were getting to know each other, I would tell you in detail about all those things and more.



I would tell you that
… recently I’ve been doubtful about the direction of my blog, the name of this blog…and that I feel like a newbie all over again. 
… I miss that time when I started blogging and didn’t have a lot of followers.  I just wrote about whatever because I didn’t know about the blogging community yet and what it entailed (the good and the bad).
… I miss my coffee chats, emails, and rants with Pidgapeg.


I would tell you that
… everyday I want to delete this blog and start all over.
… I still get sad when I see that I lose a follower (even though I’m not supposed to care).
… I want you to see the real me on here and that I don’t know if the connection is there or if I’m to blame for losing my focus and connection to you all.


I would tell you that
… although I have a love/hate relationship with my blog, I don’t with you.  Whenever I get a comment, I’m thrilled.
… that I am so inspired by all of you.  All. The. Time.
For example, Amanda’s new weekly link party (was she reading my mind?!), Alissa’s coffee date Fridays (I look forward to them!), Nat’s all-around goodness and authenticity, all of Living in Yellow’s blog posts (I have to read them before going to sleep…),  my beyond the blog friendship with Pidgy, Kristen and Nichole….and so many more of you!


And after all that babbling (or would you call it whining?), I would tell you that you need to go over to Alissa’s for another cup.  Although I would love love love to chat and coffee it up with you all day, everyday…I can’t L


Responsibility is calling and if I don’t answer, I’ll be in a heap of troubleJ
Have a wonderful rest of the day and a glorious weekend!

5 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

I love you Nay. Don't delete the blog, ignore those people who remove themselves, and just be true to you. Change the name, change the design, but never ever change you. I'm here, and I'm still reading. It's what us writers do, we live, we write, we look forward. This is your book, write the next chapter.
XOXO
Megan

Nichole @ Yeung Mother Hubbard said...

My dearest Nay,

Blogging isn't about how many followers you have or how many posts you write. It is your space to be you! Write your heart out Lady!

Like Megan said... you can change the name, design... whatever you want... but don't change you!

YOU are AWESOME and I LOVE YOU! AND of course I will still be here reading!

Love you, Nichole

Joanna said...

Hey Nay!

Don't worry about what you think you are supposed to write about! Write about whatever you want!!!! we want to hear from you :)

LaurenLo{me}LoloLC said...

Write from the heart and when you feel it. I tell ya, that's when the real stuff, the best words, the most meaning...that's when all that stuff comes to life.

I'm your newest follower!!

Here from the Coffee Date.

~ Lauren
http://meandmybeautifulmess.blogspot.com/2012/09/coffee-date-grateful.html

RadiantKristen said...

Nay... write who you are. That's what will bring you the most joy, and the RIGHT followers. Because the right followers are far better than the most.

And if your blog is a reflection of you, I know everyone will love it, because you are a warm, loving, fun, coffee loving lady. Whatever direction you decide to go with blogging, I totally support you!